Fresh Grabs

Was there a way to get a coloured variant locally or did you have to import it?

Edit: I see jpc.de has a "coloured" edition - do you think it's this one or something else?

I strongly guess jpc will have the red one, just like hhv. I was tempted to order from ATO, but shipping was as expensive as the record itself so I preordered from jpc.

Very nice - and it seems you Americans can prematurely enjoys your Black Pumas while us Europeans will have to wait until friday. The ATO color variant looks fantastic in the mockup, would you mind sharing a picture of the actual record and maybe the signed poster that came along?
I took a picture of it and put it in the Colemine thread. https://www.needlesandgrooves.com/threads/the-colemine-records-rabbit-hole.274/post-44177

Mine didn’t come with a signed poster, though. :(

I have a friend I always with about talk music. Last night he handed me these...I’ve never listened to Elton much besides Greatest Hits so I am stoked to play these records.
View attachment 7411
I think I made Alvvays a new fan too.
You’re in for a treat. I listened to all those back to back a week or so ago. Some of his best.

Yet more jazz. Lloyd Mcneill - Treasures is just wonderful, flute-led funkiness. His re-releases on Soul Jazz are really some of my highlights of the past year. Placebo - 1973 is the original (and Belgian funk-jazz combo) Placebo.
20190619_175359.jpg
Plus, given that everything takes about 3 weeks more to get to me via snail mail, I don't think I posted these two that I got a couple of days ago and am enjoying greatly. Cheers again @Skalap
20190619_175419.jpg

Second copy of Doves "Some Cities" has the same right channel crackle on the last thirty seconds of Side C & D. And both "Last Broadcast" and "Lost Souls" have similar pops at the end of Side A & B... Sigh...
Do you ever get anything that's even acceptable? I admire your determination to continue buying records online.

Do you ever get anything that's even acceptable? I admire your determination to continue buying records online.
I do, I mean I have 300 records and almost all play with no pops due to me forcing companies to replace bad pressings... But I've also got a system that doesn't exactly hide imperfections...

And yeah these albums come from everywhere, not just online... Lots from locals...

Some bits in from Amazon France

View attachment 7243

View attachment 7244

And I managed to grab these from Fopp/HMV’s vinyl week for my good friend @phramenma - hope these prices are all ok bud. No Clash or Siouxsie unfortunately but Verve and Funkadelic were the last ones so happy to have got them for you. I’ll tot it all up with shipping and let you know the total.

View attachment 7245

View attachment 7246

View attachment 7247
Just saw this now - thank you so much for your awesome help! Truly appreciated! :love:
Now I just need to hunt down The Clash. :p

Back