Fresh Grabs

It finally arrived! This got shipped the first week of May from bandcamp. I've been waiting to listen to the album in full until I got it on vinyl which has been proving harder and harder to do. I was ready to give up on receiving it and USPS said to wait until the end of this week to file a claim.

What a beautiful album. The contributors on this album are incredible too...Moses is joined by Thundercat on bass on a lot of tracks, Shabaka Hutchings, Nubya Garcia, James Blake and lots of other talented folks.

IMG_1165.JPG

Picked up this Bill Evans Trio live album on Discogs for $10.

Story goes, it was recorded by a student at the University of Wisconsin and unearthed many years later. I have to admit, this sounds as good as any live recording I've heard by the Bill Evans Trio. But I had to buy it, I completed my undergraduate degree at UW, and am very familiar with Union South where the show happened. Though this concert occurred about a decade before I was born. And when I went to shows at Union South, I wasn't yet into jazz. More like Yo La Tengo, the Appleseed Cast, and the Benevento Russo Duo.

Alas, if y'all like Bill Evans, it's an excellent album, recording, and 180g pressing.

0611201710~2.jpg0611201711~2.jpg

BE4DA2E0-1656-4513-9AB5-CCDDA1C1B887.jpeg
Finally received this after it being stuck in shipping limbo because of Covid.

Have to give credit where credit is due. This actually sounds really great. Is it worth the price point? Definitely not. But if you could get it at a reduced price (swap, credit, etc.), I would ask you to consider it.

GF managed to pickup my mail today! Couple of grabs I'm excited about.

IMG_20200611_224016.jpg

Both Billy Talent are the MOV pressing, although only Billy Talent III is the limited numbered one while I is the MOV black pressing.

Blue Lab Beats I've been hunting down for a while, hadn't encountered a US seller, but managed to find one with a good price.

Both Substantial are the one from Bandcamp the other day, autographed and for quite a great price. Sadly the Nujabes produced album was sold out

Another N&G AOTM that I'm excited to dive in.

I can't recall who recommended the Covet album, but was interested in it and finally came! I actually forgot I pre-ordered it 😅

First is a Strata-East 2xLP reissued by Pure Pleasure. I've been collecting all of them and I am only missing Charles Tolliver album Impact, released a couple of weeks ago. This is another Charles Tolliver album, recorded live in Netherlands. Yesterday I shared a picture of Yosuke Yamashita and Hozan Yamamoto solo albums I received on Monday. Today I received one of their two collaborative album (the other is Breath, only released in Japan). Bolero was released by German label Enja (@Selaws).

1591947251255.png

For our EU/UK audiophile records fans, I bought these records from a Discogs seller in Germany : MunichSchall. They sell tons of Analogue Productions, Pure Pleasure, Speakers Corner, MFSL, ORG (mostly Rock, Classical and Jazz) at all prices. They have a free shipping campaign on all orders in EU and UK campaign when you buy 2 records and more (3 for non EU countries in Europe).

First is a Strata-East 2xLP reissued by Pure Pleasure. I've been collecting all of them and I am only missing Charles Tolliver album Impact, released a couple of weeks ago. This is another Charles Tolliver album, recorded live in Netherlands. Yesterday I shared a picture of Yosuke Yamashita and Hozan Yamamoto solo albums I received on Monday. Today I received one of their two collaborative album (the other is Breath, only released in Japan). Bolero was released by German label Enja (@Selaws).

View attachment 51583

For our EU/UK audiophile records fans, I bought these records from a Discogs seller in Germany : MunichSchall. They sell tons of Analogue Productions, Pure Pleasure, Speakers Corner, MFSL, ORG (mostly Rock, Classical and Jazz) at all prices. They have a free shipping campaign on all orders in EU and UK campaign when you buy 2 records and more (3 for non EU countries in Europe).
You know me, I love a good Enja record :ROFLMAO: . Great haul as usual bud!

My favourite local record store was back open this week! I was in the office so I popped over to pick up the copy of Liam’s MTV Unplugged that I had preordered and whilst I was at it I picked up the new Jehnny Beth solo album!

View attachment 51614
I was in there at around 12pm myself picked up 2 including LG 🔥 post them later. Happy they are back 👌

Just missed you then, I was there about half past lol!
They were only charging me for LG 😂 The other one Anderson Paak - Bubblin RSD 2019 release 14.99, I ordered it a while back and hadn't paid for it, I left a note saying I would collect with LG. They said 28.99 but I told them out straight i hadn't paid for it. No way I would do that to them. Tower on the other hand I'd be tempted to say nothing 🤣

They were only charging me for LG 😂 The other one Anderson Paak - Bubblin RSD 2019 release 14.99, I ordered it a while back and hadn't paid for it, I left a note saying I would collect with LG. They said 28.99 but I told them out straight i hadn't paid for it. No way I would do that to them. Tower on the other hand I'd be tempted to say nothing 🤣

Yeah they're really sound in there and they have the fairest pricing on new stock, but yeah tower is just another big store so I can see where you're coming from!

Yeah they're really sound in there and they have the fairest pricing on new stock, but yeah tower is just another big store so I can see where you're coming from!
They're great in there really are 👌🏼 the record spot is gone from around the corner. Online only now

They're great in there really are 👌🏼 the record spot is gone from around the corner. Online only now

i didn’t use the record spot all that much but that’s a pity! I hope freebird, which is my other favourite in town, makes it through this ok, their store will make reopening and social distancing inside very difficult!

Some fresh arrivals from the last few weeks. There’s still plenty to land but the post has been really sketchy around here recently, I’m guessing they have one heck of a backlog due to staff shortages so some of these took 10 days to arrive from just across London.

3C445F34-DD57-428D-99AF-94DE6CB5DDF5.jpeg
534D07A3-3CC2-43DB-AF0F-3F060915F710.jpeg
B8A0CFC2-E92B-4E63-AF8F-AE6EA29732F9.jpeg
903A1849-1D3F-4E3B-A3B7-A45680F6E1AE.jpeg
086BB1C9-8516-44B7-B2C8-921A82BA0779.jpeg
A2D8C9BB-CF0D-4067-A96F-22B6469AFB32.jpeg

i didn’t use the record spot all that much but that’s a pity! I hope freebird, which is my other favourite in town, makes it through this ok, their store will make reopening and social distancing inside very difficult!
Very true. Its a tricky little store to navigate around at the best of times as it is. I really hope they stay open 🙏

Very true. Its a tricky little store to navigate around at the best of times as it is. I really hope they stay open 🙏

I checked their Twitter, they did open again on Monday, the book store in the same shop had stayed shut for now to allow a one way system in and out.

Back