Fresh Grabs

Some fresh arrivals from the last few weeks. There’s still plenty to land but the post has been really sketchy around here recently, I’m guessing they have one heck of a backlog due to staff shortages so some of these took 10 days to arrive from just across London.

View attachment 51644
View attachment 51645
View attachment 51646
View attachment 51647
View attachment 51648
View attachment 51649

What a haul! Please let me know how this Kaidi Tatham record sounds.

Gary Bartz and Maisha
Hedvig Mollestad - Ekhidna

Quick trip to my local to pick up new US/UK jazz, fantastic Norwegian guitar jazz (any fans of Tortoise check it out, although it's a bit rockier), and 10" poly-lined sleeves FTW.

20200613_124126.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks 💙 I'm a sneaker collector too. They do look like sambas there and i own a few sambas also but These are actually Adidas Original Spezial "Trainer" hard to see, green stripes
View attachment 51794
I can appreciate those, Those are sharp too. I am a Black Sambas guy with the extra long tongue for the most part but I have LOTS of other options too. I don’t know if I would consider myself a shoe collector as much as a shoe hoarder. I tend to wear them a lot and not take too much care of them. In the winter months I mainly wear boots anyhow but yeah this would be my Adidas collection. For the record, yes, I have more shoes than my girl.
372AE7A3-729C-4C0D-A00B-29FDC095C57C.jpeg

I can appreciate those, Those are sharp too. I am a Black Sambas guy with the extra long tongue for the most part but I have LOTS of other options too. I don’t know if I would consider myself a shoe collector as much as a shoe hoarder. I tend to wear them a lot and not take too much care of them. In the winter months I mainly wear boots anyhow but yeah this would be my Adidas collection. For the record, yes, I have more shoes than my girl.
View attachment 51797
We like the same stuff 🤝🏼💙 I'm a still boxed and keeping them fresh kinda guy too. I must have at least 50 pairs at the moment its a bit crazy 😂 mostly adidas originals. I love the city series. A few nike, 1 pair Jordans on me now (I got changed lol) and one pair of Kendrick Lamar Reeboks 👌🏼 I am worse than my fiance for clothes trainers and shopping too lol

Nice haul arrived today.

Albert King ‎– King, Does The King's Things (Stax, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Future - Honest (A1, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)

I really took a punt on Future. I have only heard a few of his earlier tracks and didn't like them much, so quite the risk with this one. To be honest, I imagine I will soon stop my R&HH sub, I'm just not finding them as exciting as I used to. I used to enjoy the big-name releases with a handful of interesting lesser-known albums, but in the past year, I feel like they have flipped it to be mainly lesser-known stuff. Im really looking forward to the Albert King, im not overly familiar but I sampled some tracks and it sounds great!
IMG_8138.JPG

Django Reinhardt - Django (Affinity, 1987 8LP Box Set with Book)
Charlie Parker - The Complete Savoy Studio Sessions (Savoy, 1978 5LP Mono Box Set with Book)
Art Blakey & Les Jazz-Messengers - Au Club Saint-Germain Vol. 1 to 3 (RCA, 1969 Box Set)

Box sets galore today with 3 killer sets. I paid such a small amount for the Reinhardt box set (£17) that I thought it was worth the risk and now its arrived I can see it was worth so much more. 8LP's and a massive book (something I could see them selling on its own) which will give a fantastic and in-depth analysis of his music. I recently picked up the Charlie Parker Dial box set and really enjoyed it, but his other best work was certainly with Savoy, which is what this box set covers. Its organised chronologically, with another thick book full of interviews, notes, rare photos and scans of Parkers hand-written notes. Finally we have the 3lp box set from Art Blakey's live recordings at the Club Saint-Germain, with a killer line-up of Jimmy Merritt, Lee Morgan, Benny Golson and Bobby Timmons.
IMG_8133.JPG
IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG
IMG_8135.JPG

Nice haul arrived today.

Albert King ‎– King, Does The King's Things (Stax, 2020 VMP Classics Pressing)
Future - Honest (A1, 2020 VMP R&HH Pressing)

I really took a punt on Future. I have only heard a few of his earlier tracks and didn't like them much, so quite the risk with this one. To be honest, I imagine I will soon stop my R&HH sub, I'm just not finding them as exciting as I used to. I used to enjoy the big-name releases with a handful of interesting lesser-known albums, but in the past year, I feel like they have flipped it to be mainly lesser-known stuff. Im really looking forward to the Albert King, im not overly familiar but I sampled some tracks and it sounds great!
View attachment 51809

Django Reinhardt - Django (Affinity, 1987 8LP Box Set with Book)
Charlie Parker - The Complete Savoy Studio Sessions (Savoy, 1978 5LP Mono Box Set with Book)
Art Blakey & Les Jazz-Messengers - Au Club Saint-Germain Vol. 1 to 3 (RCA, 1969 Box Set)

Box sets galore today with 3 killer sets. I paid such a small amount for the Reinhardt box set (£17) that I thought it was worth the risk and now its arrived I can see it was worth so much more. 8LP's and a massive book (something I could see them selling on its own) which will give a fantastic and in-depth analysis of his music. I recently picked up the Charlie Parker Dial box set and really enjoyed it, but his other best work was certainly with Savoy, which is what this box set covers. Its organised chronologically, with another thick book full of interviews, notes, rare photos and scans of Parkers hand-written notes. Finally we have the 3lp box set from Art Blakey's live recordings at the Club Saint-Germain, with a killer line-up of Jimmy Merritt, Lee Morgan, Benny Golson and Bobby Timmons.
View attachment 51811
View attachment 51812
View attachment 51813
View attachment 51814

Hope you’ll share more about that Reinhardt Box on the Jazz thread — I’m a fan.

Hope you’ll share more about that Reinhardt Box on the Jazz thread — I’m a fan.
I will do, although it will take me a while to get through! I was planning on listening to a box tomorrow so I will start on this. I'm going in as a someone who knows next to nothing of his music, so looking forward to it. I will post some pics of the booklet as well, theres tons to it.

Jason Isbell -Coke Bottle Clear Tour Exclusive Vinyl
Little Comets- Life Is Elsewhere (Magnolia Discovery)
Mt Joy-Rearrange Us(Magnolia Yellow Vinyl Exclusive)
Jamie Wyatt- Neon Cross (New West Green Vinyl Signed)
American Aquarium-Lamentations ( New West Exclusive Red Vinyl Signed)

4F344704-FDC1-4DB8-9F3F-B037DD83123E.jpeg

I will do, although it will take me a while to get through! I was planning on listening to a box tomorrow so I will start on this. I'm going in as a someone who knows next to nothing of his music, so looking forward to it. I will post some pics of the booklet as well, theres tons to it.

That would be great, thank you. You’re in for a treat. I have a modest collection of original pressings of his records — they’re quite affordable. I had no idea this set existed!

Back