Fresh Grabs

So my VMP May packages have finally arrived after being stucked at Frankfurt customs for nearly ten days. 🛃 So glad they didn't get lost. 😊 I have to say both packages (they did send one with 3 and one with 4 records) have arrived undamaged, no dents or bad corners. Hope they also will be nice on the inside. So far I mostly had a very good experience with VMP when it comes to record damage. Only on one occasion many sleeves had been damaged and CS had given me a good compensation.

I had skipped the RotMs of that month, as I had just rejoined in late March and still wanted to pick up some older titles. Will definitely try to get SnP the next months and possibly Stevie Nicks if it sticks around long enough.

IMG_20200527_150308.jpg

I've picked up Queen Latifah in the RotM sale. I had skipped it when it got out back then, but couldn't resist for a good deal. I had streamed it a few times in between and it's really good and impressive.

IMG_20200527_150259.jpg

Next is Jim Sullivan "" U. F. O.". I never had heard of this record before and have seen very mixed reactions on the forum checking out old posts about it. When I've listened to it I liked it instantly. It reminds me a little bit of Morrissey records. When it was on sale, I bought it directly. The other is Da Brat "" Funkdafied" which seems like a fun record.

IMG_20200527_150233_1.jpg

Next is Donald Byrd "Fancy free" from the sale. I love "Stepping into tomorrow" and though I had skipped this one for being very differently back then, I felt it was time when it hit sale. The other is The Roots "Phrenology", an amazing record I'm looking forward to spin. First heard of them via their amazing John Legend collaboration "Wake up"...

Last edited:
IMG_20200527_150208.jpg

Last is Jorge Ben "Africa Brasil" which I really enjoyed when streaming the first time. Glad I was able to get that for a cheaper price in the sale. 🙂 And finally the OutKast album that I was able to secure as a swap exclusive. Never would have expected this to hit swaps and thus very happy it did and that I got it despite all the hassle with the VMP store site on swaption day. Now checking them all out and hope all are fine and play well 🎶🎉

What's your experience with Dodax? I have just come across their name the recent days. Do they ship from Germany and do records usually arrive undamaged? 🙂

I've only had good experiences whith Dodax. Their mailer are super safe. Actually you can order from any Dodax online shop in Europe and have free shipping. The funny thing is that their prices changes almost every day, with no real reason. What I recommend is to create want lists on their different shops and check every day.

I've only had good experiences whith Dodax. Their mailer are super safe. Actually you can order from any Dodax online shop in Europe and have free shipping. The funny thing is that their prices changes almost every day, with no real reason. What I recommend is to create want lists on their different shops and check every day.

Thanks very much for that valuable information 👍🙂 it's really great they have many shops in Europe and all with free shipping. Great advice with the list 🙂

Thanks very much for that valuable information 👍🙂 it's really great they have many shops in Europe and all with free shipping. Great advice with the list 🙂

You're welcome. To give you an idea. I already paid 21,99€ for a Blue Note Tone Poet reissue. The few I am after are priced between 35 to 40€ on almost all the Dodax except in France... Dodax France is pricing some of these records between 200 and 250€ (don't ask me why). So have a look at all the Dodax before placing an order.

You're welcome. To give you an idea. I already paid 21,99€ for a Blue Note Tone Poet reissue. The few I am after are priced between 35 to 40€ on almost all the Dodax except in France... Dodax France is pricing some of these records between 200 and 250€ (don't ask me why). So have a look at all the Dodax before placing an order.

Wow that's a massive difference! So even if ordering from a Dodax of another European country, you would get free shipping?

what really annoys me is that they sent a single parcel for each product you buy.
also im not that keen on their mailers, but they seem to be allright sending replacements or refunds.

they seem to ship from Switzerland mostly and it also requires some patience. roughly two or three weeks

More fresh grabs, getting the two mofi’s dispatched from the shop was like pulling teeth but finally, here they are!

And transatlantic shipping must be moving again, after PUSA yesterday Moses finished up another long, albeit not quite as long, journey to my house!

4E3A1E3A-3424-41CC-8B29-AF6D52938D5C.jpeg

More fresh grabs, getting the two mofi’s dispatched from the shop was like pulling teeth but finally, here they are!

And transatlantic shipping must be moving again, after PUSA yesterday Moses finished up another long, albeit not quite as long, journey to my house!

View attachment 49504
I need to pick up that Bill Withers but prices have been crazy on it since he passed away sadly...

I need to pick up that Bill Withers but prices have been crazy on it since he passed away sadly...

Yeah and it was a limited run and copies seemed scarce even before. I was super lucky to find a shop this side of the pond with a copy and it marked at a standardish price for a mofi (£39.99).

Back