Everything Video Games!

Translated below...

"Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM
Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation

YARA TORN APART
Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches and Esperanza the capital city of Yara

GUERRILLA FIREPOWER
Employ makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new Fangs for Hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground"

Reviews of Ghosts of Tsushima are out, and it looks to be another hit exclusive for Sony. I will be picking it up this week.

The visuals for this have always looked really interesting. I hope this is really good...

However, and this may just be me being cynical, but I'm getting fairly tired of seeing most new AAA games get announced/released and be able to describe them by referencing either GTA, Dark Souls, Uncharted, or Call of Duty with just a setting change. For example, you could boil RDR2 down to "GTA but in the old west." Even though that is obviously a largely reductionist description, it still applies to the vast majority big developer titles.

I really want to be proven wrong, but Ghosts of Tsushima really looks like "Uncharted but in feudal Japan."

The visuals for this have always looked really interesting. I hope this is really good...

However, and this may just be me being cynical, but I'm getting fairly tired of seeing most new AAA games get announced/released and be able to describe them by referencing either GTA, Dark Souls, Uncharted, or Call of Duty with just a setting change. For example, you could boil RDR2 down to "GTA but in the old west." Even though that is obviously a largely reductionist description, it still applies to the vast majority big developer titles.

I really want to be proven wrong, but Ghosts of Tsushima really looks like "Uncharted but in feudal Japan."
I don't catch a whole lot of similarities between GoT and Uncharted, GoT is based around open world exploration and layered combat. It probably won't reinvent the wheel, but it's a setting we don't get in this format a whole lot, so I'm excited.

I don't catch a whole lot of similarities between GoT and Uncharted, GoT is based around open world exploration and layered combat. It probably won't reinvent the wheel, but it's a setting we don't get in this format a whole lot, so I'm excited.

You are correct. I wrote Uncharted and was thinking Assassin's Creed (the more recent ones...). Ugggghh, where's my coffee.......

The setting is definitely interesting, and the whole "Kurosawa Mode" intrigues me greatly as I'm a huge fan of Kurosawa's samurai films. I'm just not sure that an interesting new setting is enough for me to pay full launch price. I know I am very likely in the minority with that opinion, and Sucker Punch is a decent developer so I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with it.

You are correct. I wrote Uncharted and was thinking Assassin's Creed (the more recent ones...). Ugggghh, where's my coffee.......

The setting is definitely interesting, and the whole "Kurosawa Mode" intrigues me greatly as I'm a huge fan of Kurosawa's samurai films. I'm just not sure that an interesting new setting is enough for me to pay full launch price. I know I am very likely in the minority with that opinion, and Sucker Punch is a decent developer so I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with it.
Fair enough! Games are expensive! I'm sure it'll be on some sort of sale by at least black friday.

Just beat Last of Us 2 a few days ago and now Ghosts of Tsushima is trying to convince me not to get Muddy Water’s Folk Singer AP press :( and take a trip to feudal Japan instead :(

Just realized today that a 3D remake of Friends of Mineral Town came out this month? By the original Harvest Moon developers??

May have to get my farm sim fix from this.

Back