Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yup, I received my EVO 100 on Saturday! I did an online chat with them late Thursday afternoon, and they confirmed they had two open box EVO 100s (in black). They shipped it out Friday morning and it arrived Saturday (I live like 45 minutes away from them)!

It was discounted 10% and even though it was an open box, I swear it's brand new. The only sign it had been opened was the triple-taping they did on the top of the box. It has the full manufacturer's warranty and full 60-day money-back guarantee. I'm waiting for my speakers to arrive, so in the meantime, I've just been testing it out with headphones (it's not even broken in yet) but it's amazing. My brain can't comprehend how something can have such great treble, mids, and bass and just sound so great. Headphones used were my Sennheiser HD6XX (300 ohm) and Focal Elegia (32 ohm).

Build quality is ridiculously impressive and the pics just don't do it justice! I'll report back once everything's set up...still need to decide/wait on shelving.

Pics

A1A126EF-74B6-4FB6-90D1-3E26A1DE381F.jpeg anything here that would potentially be better for me than the NAD that was recommended? At my parents for a bit and saw all of this in the basement lol. Feel free to say “nope just a pile of junk”

View attachment 98886 anything here that would potentially be better for me than the NAD that was recommended? At my parents for a bit and saw all of this in the basement lol. Feel free to say “nope just a pile of junk”
Grab it all and set up a second stereo in your basement, office, kitchen, or garage. Well, that's what I'd do. Music in every room!

View attachment 98886 anything here that would potentially be better for me than the NAD that was recommended? At my parents for a bit and saw all of this in the basement lol. Feel free to say “nope just a pile of junk”
The Kenwood preamp isn’t a bad piece. I think that’s a power amp on the bottom, but I can’t tell what it is. You could use those in lieu of the NAD. Of course, that’s assuming it works.

Edit: The only junk there is the Technics cassette deck. You want the Onkyo tuner too.

Hey Y'all
I'm thinking about upgrading my turntable. I currently have a Audio-Technica LP-120 that I ripped the usb board out of shortly after buying because it made the sound hum badly.
I see a lot of you seem to like the Fluance RT85. I was just looking at them, and, damn, I really love the look. Would that be a significant upgrade? I was thinking of spending up to $800 or so, but the price on that Fluance is appealing too.

I have liked the look of the Rega Planar 3 and the Mofi Studiodeck (but I don't quite have the budget for that one, I think).

Last edited:
Hey Y'all
I'm thinking about upgrading my turntable. I currently have a Audio-Technica LP-120 that I ripped the usb board out of shortly after buying because it made the sound hum badly.
I see a lot of you seem to like the Fluance RT85. I was just looking at them, and, damn, I really love the look. Would that be a significant upgrade? I was thinking of spending up to $800 or so, but the price on that Fluance is appealing too.

I have liked the look of the Rega Planar 3 and the Mofi Studiodeck (but I don't quite have the budget for that one, I think).
For $800, I’d grab a PLX-1000 and a cartridge. The RT85 is fantastic for the price, but you’ll get a more detailed soundstage from the Pioneer, plus VTA adjustability. If you’re more keen on one of the Fluance wood finishes or specifically didn’t want a direct drive table, that’d be the only thing that would hold me back.

For $800, I’d grab a PLX-1000 and a cartridge. The RT85 is fantastic for the price, but you’ll get a more detailed soundstage from the Pioneer, plus VTA adjustability. If you’re more keen on one of the Fluance wood finishes or specifically didn’t want a direct drive table, that’d be the only thing that would hold me back.
Agreed :)

Thirded.

I wish I liked the look of those! Oh well.

I pulled the trigger on the Rt85. Should be here by Monday!

Back