Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

This is a great deal. The description on Amazon is wrong. The is an ultrasonic stylus cleaner. You put one drop of fluid on the brush, put the stylus on the brush and turn it in for the specified number of seconds. The only other one I know of is $150. At $35, it’s a deal.

Caution if your stylus is bonded. I would definitely not use this with an Ortofon bonded stylus- OM 3,5,10 or 2m Red. I have liquid cleaned bonded Grado styli for years with no issues. Nude styli should be fine. But YMMV and all of that.

Amazon product ASIN B08VND63NQ

This is a great deal. The description on Amazon is wrong. The is an ultrasonic stylus cleaner. You put one drop of fluid on the brush, put the stylus on the brush and turn it in for the specified number of seconds. The only other one I know of is $150. At $35, it’s a deal.

Caution if your stylus is bonded. I would definitely not use this with an Ortofon bonded stylus- OM 3,5,10 or 2m Red. I have liquid cleaned bonded Grado styli for years with no issues. Nude styli should be fine. But YMMV and all of that.

Will this be safe for my MasterTracker?

Fremer reviewed it and noted that the oscillation is notably low-frequency, which would suggest it's not ultrasonic.

Fremer reviewed it and noted that the oscillation is notably low-frequency, which would suggest it's not ultrasonic.

I stand corrected. Here’s the review you referenced.

Good to know. He reviewed this one or the $150 one?
Oh, it is the $150 one! They looked so similar I had to double check just now.

I think Hudson Hi-Fi is being a little tricky by calling the stylus cleaning fluid 'UV Fluid.' Maybe it's marketing shorthand for Ultra Vibration or something.

So then I’d just be better off getting their liquid and use the brush since the Hudson is not ultrasonic?
It seems to me that putting the stylus on the brush and holding the device stationary is safer than manually brushing.

I’ll let you know how it works. Mine arrives tomorrow.

Have you guys ever used the Degaussing/Ultrasonic tracks on the Cardas Test Record btw ?

Last edited:
I’d go EVO-100 especially in an office environment.

I get wanting to switch from the EL34s. I wouldn’t go to KT-150s though. I’ve heard them (in a different amp) and prefer KT-88s especially at 60% less. Also there are many different brands of KT88s, but only 1 major supplier of KT-150s.

No worries about the extra type of small tubes. They will last years and years and are inexpensive to replace when they get noisy. You’ll replace output tubes multiple times before the small tubes go bad.
Just placed an order with Upscale! They had two open boxes (in black) so I grabbed one of them.

Thanks again @HiFi Guy!

So I realized today I could sell my doge and use it to upgrade my set up. Currently I have a Fluance RT-85 with an Ortofon Blue. That will stay for sure. Is a $1500-$2000 budget enough to get a solid tube amp (never have tried one but love how they look) and new speakers?

They'd be replacing some vintage speakers and a Sanusi model 2000

Think I’m about to pull the trigger on the Wharfdale Lintons team. It looks like I’m going to need an amp, my first one ever! Any good options that will allow me to still BT stream through the Lintons? Not even sure if amps have those features, I currently use my speakers as my TV speakers as well for what it’s worth. Any quality options under $500?

My current set up is Fluance RT85 -> Schitt Magni Heresey -> Musical Fidelity LX-LPS -> Klipsch R-51pms

Thanks in advance!

Think I’m about to pull the trigger on the Wharfdale Lintons team. It looks like I’m going to need an amp, my first one ever! Any good options that will allow me to still BT stream through the Lintons? Not even sure if amps have those features, I currently use my speakers as my TV speakers as well for what it’s worth. Any quality options under $500?

My current set up is Fluance RT85 -> Schitt Magni Heresey -> Musical Fidelity LX-LPS -> Klipsch R-51pms

Thanks in advance!

Something like that wouldn’t be a bad call. Then for streaming you’d still have the budget for a second hand chromecast audio (android) or airport express (iOS) or even for better audio quality if you’re game one of these HiFiBerry style pi set ups

For Bluetooth streaming, I use a TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver. Surprisingly good sound quality for such a small device.

You can also find amps with built-in streamers, but there's something to be said for keeping things separate. It lets you upgrade parts at different times. That's important in this case because streamers are still advancing rapidly, while people can keep a good amp going for decades.

Thanks in advance!
I think many amps in that price range will offer BT, but you can also add BT to any system for a pretty low investment. Just Google Bluetooth adapter or bluetooth receiver. You can just plug it into any RCA input on whatever amp you choose.

I think many amps in that price range will offer BT, but you can also add BT to any system for a pretty low investment. Just Google Bluetooth adapter or bluetooth receiver. You can just plug it into any RCA input on whatever amp you choose.

Id still pick a wifi option over Bluetooth 9 times out of 10, especially with the relatively low cost of the ones I mentioned above. Stronger signal with wider bandwidth and for 2 out of those 3 they’re doing the streaming themselves and the phone is but an remote so you don’t get range drop off if you wander off to another room with your phone in your pocket.

Id still pick a wifi option over Bluetooth 9 times out of 10, especially with the relatively low cost of the ones I mentioned above. Stronger signal with wider bandwidth and for 2 out of those 3 they’re doing the streaming themselves and the phone is but an remote so you don’t get range drop off if you wander off to another room with your phone in your pocket.
Thumbs up on the Chromcast option, it's been working flawlessly.

Thumbs up on the Chromcast option, it's been working flawlessly.

Yeah if ones on offer at near it’s original list price and you’re on android it’s definitely a fantastic option. Being iOS it wasn’t as seemless and I prefer how the pi option sounds but it was more expensive, although at €100-200 depending on what options you pick it’s not breaking the bank either.

Back