Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yes, please get your Kef's on proper, sand filled stands and in a listening triangle for proper listening. Whooshing is usually a setup issue. I do not believe it is sylus (that is usually dulling of the sound) but you can certainly try it if your at high hours.

First make sure your table is level using a small bubble level, check your stylus tracking force with a scale, email U-turn, they can send you a protractor or you can print one out to check your alignment unless you already have one , and check vtf using the straw trick.

I would also recommend some sort of isolation at some point. One other thing your cable run form table to receiver looks on the long side, usually table to pre should be as short as possible (0.5-1 meter) with a good low capacitance cable.

Circling back on this re: checking tracking force and alignment. I have one of these digital scales [Amazon] that I use to adjust tracking force.

However, I've never checked alignment. Is it worth buying one of these protractors on Amazon for $10, or is there a high quality printable you would recommend? Also, what is the straw trick?

Circling back on this re: checking tracking force and alignment. I have one of these digital scales [Amazon] that I use to adjust tracking force.

However, I've never checked alignment. Is it worth buying one of these protractors on Amazon for $10, or is there a high quality printable you would recommend? Also, what is the straw trick?
I would definitely get a proper protractor, the mirrored version makes it easier in my opinion. It's not that the paper versions don't work, you just need to make sure when you punch out the spindle hole it's perfectly centered otherwise the markings will be off. For the cost of a "solid" protractor, why bother with paper............just my opinion of course ;)

I would definitely get a proper protractor, the mirrored version makes it easier in my opinion. It's not that the paper versions don't work, you just need to make sure when you punch out the spindle hole it's perfectly centered otherwise the markings will be off. For the cost of a "solid" protractor, why bother with paper............just my opinion of course ;)

Id agree with this. The only reason I use a paper one is because it came with the table so it was printed professionally and the hole was already punched, I wouldn’t trust one I printed and punched myself.

Yes, I agree get a proper protractor.

The straw trick is something some vpi owners use to check azimuth. But I would say using this method and tool (from Hudson hi fi or ebay) is more solid of a choice for you

Uturn will send you a paper protractor if you ask them I believe and offer general setup advice on the Orbit.

Do not forget to make sure your table is balanced.

Yes, I agree get a proper protractor.

The straw trick is something some vpi owners use to check azimuth. But I would say using this method and tool (from Hudson hi fi or ebay) is more solid of a choice for you

Uturn will send you a paper protractor if you ask them I believe and offer general setup advice on the Orbit.

Do not forget to make sure your table is balanced.

This work? VTA Azimuth 850258008644 | eBay

Funny, that bundle is unavailable on their Amazon store, but they have it on eBay, lol. Either way, that's what your looking for ;)
Guess they didn't have it on eBay either, because my order got cancelled. It's out of stock on their website and Amazon store. Guess I gotta look around.

Guess they didn't have it on eBay either, because my order got cancelled. It's out of stock on their website and Amazon store. Guess I gotta look around.
email Hudson from there site usually thye can give you a solid idea when things will be back in stock

Hello. It's been ages since I've been on here but I have that itch again. I have been using a cheap HK 3770 for years now. Thinking about checking out a Schiit Vidar, any experience here? (powering KEF R3 & Parks Audio Budgie preamp)

Hello. It's been ages since I've been on here but I have that itch again. I have been using a cheap HK 3770 for years now. Thinking about checking out a Schiit Vidar, any experience here? (powering KEF R3 & Parks Audio Budgie preamp)
The Vidar is a power amp only. Does the Budgie have a volume control, i.e. can it function as a general preamp, not just a phono preamp?

Back