Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Are you thinking about going that route?
Not sure yet! Just been looking at other cartridges and options and have seen that one mentioned quite a lot lately. I do like the Grado Gold but I also get the upgrade itch every so often haha. I'll probably end up just going with the 8MZ for now.

Not sure yet! Just been looking at other cartridges and options and have seen that one mentioned quite a lot lately. I do like the Grado Gold but I also get the upgrade itch every so often haha. I'll probably end up just going with the 8MZ for now.
Oh, I know the itch, believe me, lol. What TT do you have again?

I really like what I've read about the Fluance RT85 except some people seem to not like the tonearm.
The other I was looking at was the Pro-ject Carbon Evo. Some say it's fantastic for the money, others worry about a motor hum that has apparently been an issue for other Pro-ject models.
Leaning to the Fluance.

I like new stuff, I can't help it. So I am pretty sure I won't be going the used/vintage direction. And my knowledge in this isn't deep enough to know for sure I'd be getting a fair deal.

I'm thinking of giving the Hana SL a go..........having a hard time going over that $1k on a cartridge and then the replacement cost.
Yea--that's kind of where I'm at too. If you try the Hana, please let me know :) I'm not in any rush to upgrade but it's tempting!

I really like what I've read about the Fluance RT85 except some people seem to not like the tonearm.
The other I was looking at was the Pro-ject Carbon Evo. Some say it's fantastic for the money, others worry about a motor hum that has apparently been an issue for other Pro-ject models.
Leaning to the Fluance.

I like new stuff, I can't help it. So I am pretty sure I won't be going the used/vintage direction. And my knowledge in this isn't deep enough to know for sure I'd be getting a fair deal.

There was motor hum on the North American first model of the debut carbon. They fixed it when that line was refreshed about 5 years back. That’s been discontinued and the evo replaced it. There’s little between them but I’d go for the fluance in North America and the pro-ject in Europe based on relative price points.

Back