Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Good thick beef and mustard crisps with a kick like a mule. Perfection!

But, it’s ok, between Brexit and covid it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get over to England for a long time yet anyway!
You could probably still slum it with some from the Ham and Mustard from the Real Crisp Company. Although from memory they're the wimps version of the real things.

Being gluten, dairy and Fodmap intolerant I'm pleased they've been discontinued. If I can't have them then no one can!!!!

Anyone have experience with this product? Is this a worthy addition to the accessory line up or is more hype than help?

Hudson Hi-Fi Vinyl Record Cleaner Anti Static Brush - Record Cleaning Arm Brush Cleaner Antistatic LP Cleaning Brush - Turntable Cleaning Record Brush Amazon product ASIN B07FFCGVCS

Anyone have experience with this product? Is this a worthy addition to the accessory line up or is more hype than help?

Hudson Hi-Fi Vinyl Record Cleaner Anti Static Brush - Record Cleaning Arm Brush Cleaner Antistatic LP Cleaning Brush - Turntable Cleaning Record Brush Amazon product ASIN B07FFCGVCS
I’ve tried it. It works. I don’t have a static issue since I changed record cleaning solutions, so I don’t use it anymore.

I would put that $25 into a record cleaning machine

@HiFi Guy what solution are you using ?
Chisto Easy Groove Concentrate. A few of us use it. It’s the best I’ve ever used.

I’ve seen this happen numerous times with Ortofon cartridges.

The case against Oznow: it’s sticky- so when you lift the stylus there’s a chance of the cantilever getting stuck and bent. Not a chance I’m willing to take.
I hear ya, but I've been using Onzow for a year and a half (more regularly than others here) and I just don't see it as a problem. I hold it. lower it with the cue and raise it. I would really have to be in a hurry to jam things up. To each their own.

Just replied to HiFi but I'm commenting on the whole thread.

I hear ya, but I've been using Onzow for a year and a half (more regularly than others here) and I just don't see it as a problem. I hold it. lower it with the cue and raise it. I would really have to be in a hurry to jam things up. To each their own.

Just replied to HiFi but I'm commenting on the whole thread.
Ditto here, have used mine with an Ortofon 2m red and Grado Gold3. No issues with either and it has helped with cleaning.

In no other industry would I expect a company to endorse a 3rd party product that if not used properly would damage the equipment. The amount of overthought in this thread is something else. I have nothing but great things to say about Grado and Rich in particular (he shipped me extra screws quickly and on a weekend when I screwed up install at no cost - creating a customer for life) and I would not expect him to recommend any non-Grado product.

I understand why people wouldn't use it (it is sticky and too much force would cause an issue). I respect differing opinions of course, particularly those with lots of experience.

Scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it on the needle if you have a scratch that causes a click on about 4 turns? Doesnt skip but an obvious what just happened.
Current stylus is ATVM540ML, but more in general.

Back