Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I'm so excited. So here's a question: Am I at a point where I'm supposed to be thinking about speaker cables and interconnects?

I basically have a mismatch blend of old standard cable, some blue jean, some 10-15 year old monster cable, etc and nothing I own is younger than 10 years outside of the phono cables
1593696740685.png ;););););)

I'm so excited. So here's a question: Am I at a point where I'm supposed to be thinking about speaker cables and interconnects?

I basically have a mismatch blend of old standard cable, some blue jean, some 10-15 year old monster cable, etc and nothing I own is younger than 10 years outside of the phono cables
All kidding aside, if your equipment gets to the PL level, in my opinion, you should get a "nice" set of cables. You don't have to spend a ton, I use Pangea cables and I think they're great, the BJ are awesome as well. I used the Pangea for the Cardas copper, so a bit of synergy through the system from point A-Z. I would highly recommend swapping your stock power cable on the PL ;)

That's certainly something to explore, but I'd let that sit until you get a strong sense of your new system first, otherwise you'll never really know what the cables add or subtract from the equation.

I agree with everything @HiFi Guy mentioned, especially this part.......

What I've gotten into the habit of doing is turning it on first thing in the morning and then turning it off before bed, whether I'm using it all day or not, in the beginning this will also help that break in a bit and it being on all day isn't going to hurt anything ;)

Can't wait to hear what you think.
Does having it on, but idle, use up the lifespan of the tubes, or does music need to be flowing for the tubes to start breaking a sweat?

I agree with everything @HiFi Guy mentioned, especially this part.......

What I've gotten into the habit of doing is turning it on first thing in the morning and then turning it off before bed, whether I'm using it all day or not, in the beginning this will also help that break in a bit and it being on all day isn't going to hurt anything ;)

Can't wait to hear what you think.

Argh! That’s insane! Tubes eat electricity! I really hope your electric company uses mainly or all renewables!

Just having them on does reduce their lifespan. That said, with the adaptive autobias circuitry and running the tubes easy, I don’t really worry about it.
This would have been my "common sense" assumption, but when I had that problem with the first PL and was working with them, this came up concerning the replacement and "burning it in", which is when I was told it wouldn't effect the tubes life span. That being said, They do sound better after warming up, AND, 90% of the time mine is on, it's in use anyway.............thanks WFH ;)

All solar power over here @Joe Mac ! We're hooked up with a "Solar Garden"

Yeah I’m with a company that uses solely wind generation, that’s a bit more viable than solar over here 😂

I just know that mine has doubled my electricity bill for the whole apartment when just on for a 15 min warm up and playing so the thoughts of one always on and fossil fuel electricity horrifies me!

Yeah I’m with a company that uses solely wind generation, that’s a bit more viable than solar over here 😂

I just know that mine has doubled my electricity bill for the whole apartment when just on for a 15 min warm up and playing so the thoughts of one always on and fossil fuel electricity horrifies me!
Yikes! Seriously? I know they draw a lot of power, but I gotta be honest, my electric bill really hasn't changed much since adding the PL, it is pretty much the only thing on most of the day, but there may have been a slight increase, but nothing anywhere near noticeable.

Yikes! Seriously? I know they draw a lot of power, but I gotta be honest, my electric bill really hasn't changed much since adding the PL, it is pretty much the only thing on most of the day, but there may have been a slight increase, but nothing anywhere near noticeable.

Yeah it did. I am pretty energy conscious and was starting from a very low usage but still!

Im mean we’re a small island in the Atlantic Ocean that’s the first significant landfall for the Gulf Stream. That and a shortage of rain water are two problems that we don’t have!
I was kidding :ROFLMAO: . It's sadly the question that a lot of dumb Americans ask (including a certain president* of ours...) who are for some reason anti-green energy.

Back