Do you make stuff?

I might have missed it, but what's your process here? I'm sure I could google how to make stained glass but I figured people who make stuff usually like to divulge in the details.

In a nutshell ;) ...
Buy the colored glass. Create a design. Cut the glass to fit the design. Use a grinder to smooth out the pieces. Copper foil all the edges of the glass. Solder the pieces together. Add patina to the solder to darken it. Then clean the glass and hang it.

Hiiiiiiiii!!!

Is anyone working on anything during this weird and stressful time?

I've been cranking out knitted socks and today, working on some washcloths!

What are y'all making?
I'm also trying to finish a pair of socks right now. I want to start a new sweater but I promised myself I was going to finish some of the WIPs I have but I might give in soon.

Update: Cast on the sweater!

Last edited:
I'm also trying to finish a pair of socks right now. I want to start a new sweater but I promised myself I was going to finish some of the WIPs I have but I might give in soon.

It's such a stressful time! Do what makes you happy! But it's always nice to finish up a WIP for a quick win.

Please do post what you finish or working on!

Hiiiiiiiii!!!

Is anyone working on anything during this weird and stressful time?

I've been cranking out knitted socks and today, working on some washcloths!

What are y'all making?
I'm still working so I don't get to work on my projects. I'm knitting my husband a hoodie. I'm knitting the pocket right now. Fun! Fun! Fun!

I'm a wildlife biologist. My speciality is conducting field research related to the ecology of bats.

Anyways, I made this Townsend's Big-eared bat glass piece not too long ago. Also, here's a pic of the first Townsend's big-eared I handled during a trapping survey in some lava tubes (third pic) in Northern California.

Stay safe y'all!

IMG_20200314_131231_677.jpgIMG_20200314_131231_672.jpgIMG_20200314_131231_671.jpg

I'm a wildlife biologist. My speciality is conducting field research related to the ecology of bats.

Anyways, I made this Townsend's Big-eared bat glass piece not too long ago. Also, here's a pic of the first Townsend's big-eared I handled during a trapping survey in some lava tubes (third pic) in Northern California.

Stay safe y'all!

View attachment 36938View attachment 36939View attachment 36940

What's going on with the fungus that was wiping out bat populations awhile back (10 years?) sorry haven't kept up on it and assume it's only progressed with changing climate etc.

What's going on with the fungus that was wiping out bat populations awhile back (10 years?) sorry haven't kept up on it and assume it's only progressed with changing climate etc.
Over 6 million cave bats in the eastern US have died. One of the largest wildlife die offs in history. Some states, like NY have had 95%+ population declines for several Myotis species, as well as the tricolored bat. Small percentage of bats are beginning to show immunity or resistance to the fungus.
The fungus continues to spread westward in North America. Two additional species are candidates for federal protection under the Endangered Species Act, under review by the Fish and Wildlife Service currently. It's not pretty.

Over 6 million cave bats in the eastern US have died. One of the largest wildlife die offs in history. Some states, like NY have had 95%+ population declines for several Myotis species, as well as the tricolored bat. Small percentage of bats are beginning to show immunity or resistance to the fungus.
The fungus continues to spread westward in North America. Two additional species are candidates for federal protection under the Endangered Species Act, under review by the Fish and Wildlife Service currently. It's not pretty.

Thanx for the info. I assumed as much but it's good to hear from an expert... bats are amazing creatures.

Sometimes I do fun things. Now, I'm mostly analyzing data and writing reports. Reading regs and other "boring" stuff. The fieldwork, when I'm out there, is usually the best part. It's grounding for me. Connects me with other life.
See all I do is the boring stuff all day--analyzing data and writing reports.

Back