Do you make stuff?

For all of my makers with sewing machines, I got some fabric and I think I'm going to start making some masks for healthcare workers. Here's some patterns and info (I'm copying it here for my reference as well:

And also, what kind of fabric to use.

ETA:
I like this site too because it has an instructional video:

Last edited:
For all of my makers with sewing machines, I got some fabric and I think I'm going to start making some masks for healthcare workers. Here's some patterns and info (I'm copying it here for my reference as well:

And also, what kind of fabric to use.

ETA:
I like this site too because it has an instructional video:
I was thinking about pulling my machine out. I’ll need a few practice rounds and see if I have the right kind of fabric.

thanks for posting this!

@nolalady Have you sewn any yet? I’m looking to do a couple today but I don’t have elastic so I will have to do the bias tape method for tying around the head.

@nolalady Have you sewn any yet? I’m looking to do a couple today but I don’t have elastic so I will have to do the bias tape method for tying around the head.
Not yet. I was going to try it tonight. I've been slammed at work and with kids, but I have a pot of beans on so I've got dinner done.

My original post from when I gave my first effort at reupholstering kitchen chairs was here...

So I finally finished all four chairs a couple weeks ago, then my wife crocheted some placemats for the tabletop. It's nice to give this old table and chairs a facelift instead of replacing them. Looks great for spring, and brightens the kitchen a bit.

20200402_124704.jpg

I was really into art when I was back in high school. I loved to draw, paint and just enjoyed being creative. Life seemed to get in the way for a long time and I fell out of the habit. Be it id start a drawing on a page and never finish it or just never get the motivation to do anything at all...

Well this year I made a conscious decision to change that. I’ve mainly forced myself to stick to post-it notes (as I have those near me at most times inspiration strikes). These are just doodles but I hope someone can enjoy them!
4017C576-B303-4945-A4D9-4698A7D9040E.jpeg6ADA333D-1313-45FC-9A96-219FC8A8FB6B.jpeg179CF836-AA47-4EF2-AD43-D349281912F0.jpeg4228A526-D756-4A5E-973C-B9246C3B95B4.jpeg

Last edited:
So I’m taking a fly tying class because when you get to middle age you have to either get into flyfishing, competitive bbq or beer making (apparently).
View attachment 22542
These lil’ guys were my first few attempts. The biggest one is under an inch long the two smaller are only about 1/4”. This scratches my itch to make stuff and my desire to be outside when I can’t. It’s pretty satisfying stuff, despite being covered in string, fuzz and bits of feathers.

I never knew how big of a deal the fly fishing lures were until I heard an interview on NPR about how someone stole feathers to use for fly fishing.

Over the weekend I followed some basic plans, and made a “cornhole” set (bean bag toss game) for our daughter’s boyfriend’s family. It was a late xmas gift. I cut all the wood. Wife painted the tops (koi scene) since they have a koi pond and raise them. Wife’s mom cut and sewed the fabric for the bags. I filled them with feed corn, 1 lb each. Wife sewed them closed.

751B0554-DB21-4B3E-9A49-DCCF860B9C5B.jpeg72E1CEEF-8F34-48AF-A9E2-F610CC7E79B7.jpeg

Back