Do you make stuff?

I finally finished a sweater yesterday that I started in 2017:

I am now trying to finish up some other projects I started ages ago before I start something new, but there are so many new things that are calling to me.

Your stitching is exquisite. I love how amazingly you nailed that fair isle pattern.

I finally finished a sweater yesterday that I started in 2017:

I am now trying to finish up some other projects I started ages ago before I start something new, but there are so many new things that are calling to me.

AWESOME!!! This is beautiful.
You have much more discipline than I do. I started two more projects this weekend!

Please please keep posting your projects!

I'm gonna build a pretty simple DIY passive mono/stereo switch box using a 6 x 3 x 2 Project Enclosure box (not to be confused with Pro-Ject Box). For those of you who are crafty, I'd like to ask what type of marker might be good for writing on it. The box is made of ABS (Project Enclosure (6x3x2-Inch)) and I'd like to write on it with a glitter type look.

For an example, the finish on this guitar pedal: Hummingbird Repeat Percussions — EarthQuaker Devices -
not the color per se but rather that type of sparkle finish.
Is there a type of marker that I can pick up at Michaels or something that will write on ABS - prob gonna do a blue or red, possibly purple; or maybe multiple colors.

Below is my crude schematic. The words in parentheses are what I'll be writing.

View attachment 30020

Funny thing, I don't actually need this. My phonostage already has a switch but people have been discussing mono/stereo carts and switching lately so I decided to build this for fun. Should only be a $15 investment.

EDIT on box:

Going over size, the 6 x 3 x 2 is way too big for what I need. Gonna use an aluminum case, which looks much better but is also an appropriate size: 3.6 x 1.5 x 1.25

So what will write well on aluminum?
oil-based paint markers write on just about anything and don't budge much once dried, but can be removed if desperate

I finally got to try my hand at taking pictures of a human today! It had just been Sarge and the back yard so far, but the lady felt comfortable being photographed today and we spent a few minutes in the back yard taking some learning shots. It's never been something I could say about a "creative process" before, but I don't care if I never get good at this. It's where I feel the most at home, and that's the most healing feeling I've known in a while.DSC_0306small.jpgDSC_0339small.jpg

Ok so, I DID NOT create this but my wife did and I’m just a proud husband! She has never really tried to draw in her life but for Valentine’s Day I got her a pencil set, color pencils, and a drawing pad. She has spent more nights than not, pretty much every night since then, drawing. I was hoping some of you guys could give some feedback and some ways you would have done things differently!

Attachments

• 73364EFB-3E0D-4546-AB2E-C659CAC158E7.jpeg
    73364EFB-3E0D-4546-AB2E-C659CAC158E7.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2D24C0E7-28FD-4198-83DF-162C71EC4BA1.jpeg
    2D24C0E7-28FD-4198-83DF-162C71EC4BA1.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
  • FBA73F3D-C527-4278-B4C6-13BD85E5EB75.jpeg
    FBA73F3D-C527-4278-B4C6-13BD85E5EB75.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 18153544-8E7F-492E-909F-7CBBBE1D502D.jpeg
    18153544-8E7F-492E-909F-7CBBBE1D502D.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 9
  • E95F0409-4AEA-4607-AE33-92EE77577AB3.jpeg
    E95F0409-4AEA-4607-AE33-92EE77577AB3.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 9
Ok so, I DID NOT create this but my wife did and I’m just a proud husband! She has never really tried to draw in her life but for Valentine’s Day I got her a pencil set, color pencils, and a drawing pad. She has spent more nights than not, pretty much every night since then, drawing. I was hoping some of you guys could give some feedback and some ways you would have done things differently!
My only feedback is for her to keep drawing.

And not because she needs the practice, she just seems to have a talent for it.

She’s great at it! Please continue sharing her work if she’s okay with it ❤️

Those are really great, especially for a first time artist!

Back