Do you make stuff?

So Iā€™m taking a fly tying class because when you get to middle age you have to either get into flyfishing, competitive bbq or beer making (apparently).
E996A08B-A177-4580-8B52-C90CD90F402F.jpeg
These lilā€™ guys were my first few attempts. The biggest one is under an inch long the two smaller are only about 1/4ā€. This scratches my itch to make stuff and my desire to be outside when I canā€™t. Itā€™s pretty satisfying stuff, despite being covered in string, fuzz and bits of feathers.

So Iā€™m taking a fly tying class because when you get to middle age you have to either get into flyfishing, competitive bbq or beer making (apparently).
View attachment 22542
These lilā€™ guys were my first few attempts. The biggest one is under an inch long the two smaller are only about 1/4ā€. This scratches my itch to make stuff and my desire to be outside when I canā€™t. Itā€™s pretty satisfying stuff, despite being covered in string, fuzz and bits of feathers.
Fun! Small projects are super satisfying! Where did you get the supplies for it?

Fun! Small projects are super satisfying! Where did you get the supplies for it?
A lot of it is kinda specialized (fur, hair, certain types of feathers, tungsten beads) so it comes from the fly shop where Iā€™m taking the class. Other stuff like chenille, the sparkly stuff, elastic things, some types of wire/thread can come from craft/hobby shops too.

View attachment 22542
This is so cool, Cory. Really. Good job!

Does anyone watch the show Making It? Itā€™s back on and Iā€™m so happy to see everything that is made. Itā€™s all so fantastic.

What have yā€™all been making?
It's on the DVR. I wanted to watch it with my daughter who is also a crafty girl. Her favorite thing is her glue gun, and lately she's been making mini things for barbie.

PROGRESS. This is actual vector graphics, not that far from being a font you can use to type nā€™ stuff. Not anywhere near to being done though, still have a few characters to work out, and then shoving them all into the computer, and I think I should make the thin lines thicker. BUT PROGRESS.

2019 10 20 Suspended in Gaffa.png

PROGRESS. This is actual vector graphics, not that far from being a font you can use to type nā€™ stuff. Not anywhere near to being done though, still have a few characters to work out, and then shoving them all into the computer, and I think I should make the thin lines thicker. BUT PROGRESS.

View attachment 25614

AWESOME! This is great! Please keep us posted

Back