Do you make stuff?

I don't have a good way to describe what I make:

I guess I combine certain objects... surprisingly, some people like the term 'impossible objects' which mostly works.
I'm sure I've seen some of your work before when I was up to my chin in the playing card community, especially those single card "cut outs". And I get the feeling we may have met before, do you know who Kardify.com is?

I'm sure I've seen some of your work before when I was up to my chin in the playing card community, especially those single card "cut outs". And I get the feeling we may have met before, do you know who Kardify.com is?

Haha no way! I am familiar with Kardify but don't remember being in contact with anyone directly associated with it. I used to be very active at Theory11 and the Area 52 Facebook group, I only every really connected with people there or other impossible object makers on Instagram.

Haha no way! I am familiar with Kardify but don't remember being in contact with anyone directly associated with it. I used to be very active at Theory11 and the Area 52 Facebook group, I only every really connected with people there or other impossible object makers on Instagram.
Its been so long I can't remember exactly, I was one of the 2 partners at Kardify for years and I could swear your work came up in some respect, or it was someone with very similar handy work. Did you maybe offer your cut cards as an add-on or something for someone Kickstarter? I don't know, either way, very nice work :)

I have a few Anything is Possible bottles by Jamie Grant that I received from a few designers :)

It came out great! Do you have plans for another project?
Thank you! Nothing on the immediate schedule. I keep thinking about building some sort of vinyl storage system that will work in our small home. I have some ideas, but no solid plan. A kiddo came into the picture 20 months ago and projects like this have been largely back burnered :)

These are amazing!
That’s pretty cool!
I love these! I would love an impossible bottle in my life.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

Its been so long I can't remember exactly, I was one of the 2 partners at Kardify for years and I could swear your work came up in some respect, or it was someone with very similar handy work. Did you maybe offer your cut cards as an add-on or something for someone Kickstarter? I don't know, either way, very nice work :)

I have a few Anything is Possible bottles by Jamie Grant that I received from a few designers :)

There are a few people out there now who do kirigami cards like the ones I have posted, they mostly are all variations of the same 3-4 techniques, so between creators they often end up looking quite similar. Ian Rowland is often credited with pioneering them, but I think I was part of a 'first wave' of creators on Instagram making them, and there weren't that many of us so if you were active in that kind of community I have no doubt you would have come across my profile.
Unfortunately I was never involved in a Kickstarter reward project, I also don't remember ever seeing impossible Kirigami cards being offered as a pledge, if you could remember which deck that was for I'd be very interested in seeing what they had and who made them. Scott Dyer (@cardstories) seems to be the type who would have done that maybe?

Yeah I've got a deck of Rebels in a bottle by Jamie, they are nice and he's done quite well for himself, but I prefer a more dynamic, Harry Eng style bottle.

Not sure if it counts (and I'm certain it's not as awesome as some of these handmade projects) but I do design enamel pins and stickers. In early 2018, I thought to myself "I'd love to use my design skills to make something cool" and by the end of the year I had designed my first set of pins and completed my first successful Kickstarter. Now, halfway through 2019, I have 9 different pins I designed in my online shop and a ton of stickers and other accessories. It's been a very fun "set a goal, achieve said goal" project.
That entertainment system above and the impossible objects are incredible!

Okay, so I might be a bit ADD, but I have no less than about 3 projects going at a time and they can be anything from sewing, knitting, crochet, and embroidery. I finally finished this up this weekend:
IMG_4473.JPG

And I started a new one. I think I'm going to make this one into a pillow because the fabric is so nice and thick. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the mushrooms yet though.
IMG_4475.JPG

Okay, so I might be a bit ADD, but I have no less than about 3 projects going at a time and they can be anything from sewing, knitting, crochet, and embroidery. I finally finished this up this weekend:
View attachment 8324

And I started a new one. I think I'm going to make this one into a pillow because the fabric is so nice and thick. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the mushrooms yet though.
View attachment 8327

Love love love! I have so many projects going all the time but now I want to embroider!.

Back