Do you make stuff?

😊

I've been doodling my whole life*. Only taken a more serious, sharing approach in the past year or so. I go through bursts and droughts of creativity but my man @Jonathan Y inspired my latest one simply by just saying "Channel that." Seems simple enough but it had a profound impact on my outlook that day, and hopefully going forward.

*it is now my quest to dig up elementary drawings for you.

YESSSSSS let’s see those young Colonel drawings!

😊

I've been doodling my whole life*. Only taken a more serious, sharing approach in the past year or so. I go through bursts and droughts of creativity but my man @Jonathan Y inspired my latest one simply by just saying "Channel that." Seems simple enough but it had a profound impact on my outlook that day, and hopefully going forward.

Also, I hope you post in this thread sometimes with what you are doing!

👀

20181102-153025-Richtone-HDR.jpg

(braided money tree)

20181108-160945-Richtone-HDR.jpg

(S/T album cover)

IMG-20190324-170012-142.jpg

(front door peep-hole)

IMG-20190719-154855-391.jpg

(sharpie on corrugated cardboard)
😊

Woke up to the IG tag and just wanna say again that your work is phenomenal! Glad I could help and I really like the 'Y' look the last post had! :)

Who is making cool stuff to share?

I've been bouncing between projects that have been on my needles for too long (sweater, socks, scrap blanket, crop top).

@nolalady have you made anything lately?
I've had a couple starts, but I have yet to wrap something up. I just am not happy with the yarn I started to knit with because it's been breaking on me--like really easy breaks and I don't think it's even worth knitting because I'm too afraid the sweater will fall apart on me.

My next big project is going to be Star Trek TNG costumes. We've been watching it on Netflix, and I told my husband that I would be a great Beverly Crusher. He told me that if I went as Beverly, he would go as Picard, so here I am with a bunch of spandex (technically pointe knit fabric) and a pattern from Bad Wolf Costumes. I should really post pictures of my progress so that I'll be held accountable and will hopefully finish these before Halloween.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Actually, the only elementary school drawings (okay maybe junior high) that I know I can put my hands on are all manga drawings from Ranma 1/2.

I think that after my costumes, I am going to dedicate some time to painting again.

I've had graphic design as a minor interest for as long as I can remember and I've always wanted to make a font. I've had a couple of ideas that for the time being are over ambitious but I stumbled upon this design for an H on a shower curtain my mom got and started messing with it on graph paper. It's not done yet, and I've not worked on it in a while but this thread is inspiring me to work on it some more. Here's the inspiration and some of what I have done for now. Sorry if it's kind of hard to make out, couldn't be bothered to fill in the shapes...

IXADMOa.jpg

29uQePd.jpg

That kind of reminds me of Art Deco and in particular Charles Ronnie MacIntosh. Very nice.

I've had a couple starts, but I have yet to wrap something up. I just am not happy with the yarn I started to knit with because it's been breaking on me--like really easy breaks and I don't think it's even worth knitting because I'm too afraid the sweater will fall apart on me.

My next big project is going to be Star Trek TNG costumes. We've been watching it on Netflix, and I told my husband that I would be a great Beverly Crusher. He told me that if I went as Beverly, he would go as Picard, so here I am with a bunch of spandex (technically pointe knit fabric) and a pattern from Bad Wolf Costumes. I should really post pictures of my progress so that I'll be held accountable and will hopefully finish these before Halloween.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Actually, the only elementary school drawings (okay maybe junior high) that I know I can put my hands on are all manga drawings from Ranma 1/2.

I think that after my costumes, I am going to dedicate some time to painting again.

What yarn are you using? It would be a shame for you to put in all the work on the sweater and it fall apart. That’s a bummer!

Please post your costumes!!! I don’t know much about Star Trek but I’m sure they will be awesome!

What yarn are you using? It would be a shame for you to put in all the work on the sweater and it fall apart. That’s a bummer!

Please post your costumes!!! I don’t know much about Star Trek but I’m sure they will be awesome!
I took a chance on some finger weight yarn from Knit Crate. I was not pleased. It definitely was not up to the quality that I would have expected. I was trying to make a lacy hoodie to pop over my gym clothes for the winter. I think I'm going to start measuring and tracing pattern pieces tonight and start sewing later this week.

I just saw that my local library has a 3d printer! What can I make????
You can make a "Now Spinning" record stand!

Also, I'd say go to some sites that have the 3d models for printing and just browse for ideas!

You can make a "Now Spinning" record stand!

Also, I'd say go to some sites that have the 3d models for printing and just browse for ideas!

Yesssssss that will be first! Thanks for the info!

Back