Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Sorry if this has been covered, I'm just jumping in here. Someone is currently trying to buy two albums from me but has informed me that shipping seems wrong. I'm thinking I've figured out why, but not sure. I have listed in my terms that I charge $4.50 for one LP +.50 for any additional. So in the past when I've listed a double LP it will automatically make the shipping $5.00. I didn't care about charging a 2xLP as 2 albums so the only fix I saw was to adjust it as a $4.50 flat rate. That usually didn't cause a problem as I rarely sell 2 albums at a time. Now someone is trying to buy 2 double LPS and getting charged $9. I removed the flat rate amount from each, but now each show a $5 shipping fee. I assume upon checkout the system will combine them and possibly make it $6 ($5.00 for the first 2xLP plus $1.00 for the second 2xLP) which makes sense, but I still would rather just count double albums as one. I'm really just trying not to be greedy as well as keeping prices low to entice buyers. Is there a way to adjust this at all? Did any of this make sense?

Sorry if this has been covered, I'm just jumping in here. Someone is currently trying to buy two albums from me but has informed me that shipping seems wrong. I'm thinking I've figured out why, but not sure. I have listed in my terms that I charge $4.50 for one LP +.50 for any additional. So in the past when I've listed a double LP it will automatically make the shipping $5.00. I didn't care about charging a 2xLP as 2 albums so the only fix I saw was to adjust it as a $4.50 flat rate. That usually didn't cause a problem as I rarely sell 2 albums at a time. Now someone is trying to buy 2 double LPS and getting charged $9. I removed the flat rate amount from each, but now each show a $5 shipping fee. I assume upon checkout the system will combine them and possibly make it $6 ($5.00 for the first 2xLP plus $1.00 for the second 2xLP) which makes sense, but I still would rather just count double albums as one. I'm really just trying not to be greedy as well as keeping prices low to entice buyers. Is there a way to adjust this at all? Did any of this make sense?
Makes sense but totally depends on how you are setup and how they check out. If you can do the send invoice thing you can adjust it first.

Why did you enable ‘Make An Offer’ on a $3 item then complain when somebody offered you a price 20¢ lower?

This was a dick move on YOUR part.
Go fuck yourself. It didn't even register in my tiny brain that someone could be so insulting as to try to bilk someone out of 20 cents on what is already a rockbottom-cheap item. Live and learn I guess.

Go fuck yourself. It didn't even register in my tiny brain that someone could be so insulting as to try to bilk someone out of 20 cents on what is already a rockbottom-cheap item. Live and learn I guess.

He’s right though. Don’t enable it if you don’t actually want offers. Seems like common sense. Should I go fuck myself? I’m bored so I might anyway..

So it would've been better had someone offered $1 instead?
BackAchingHornbill-size_restricted.gif

I added an item to my cart Saturday night and checked out with the invoice through Paypal. The status was never changed to payment received so I sent a friendly message today just to check in. Most of the time the seller just forgot to update. This guy got back to me and said in response to me asking if my payment went through "No it hasn't. If you tried before 11AM Saturday cancel and reorder. Email addresses between Discogs and Paypal were wrong. It is now fixed" I told him I sent it Saturday evening, actually I said Sunday but corrected myself as my Paypal history showed it was indeed Saturday night, and he said that I haven't paid. So now I'm having to go in and file a claim either from him or some stranger because the email address was wrong. Do I file the claim as fraudulent seller or item wasn't received?? I don't have reason to believe they are scamming me, but I definitely paid someone using the info given by Discogs.

edit: okay, now they are saying they did receive it. NEVERMIND 🙄

Last edited:
I added an item to my cart Saturday night and checked out with the invoice through Paypal. The status was never changed to payment received so I sent a friendly message today just to check in. Most of the time the seller just forgot to update. This guy got back to me and said in response to me asking if my payment went through "No it hasn't. If you tried before 11AM Saturday cancel and reorder. Email addresses between Discogs and Paypal were wrong. It is now fixed" I told him I sent it Saturday evening, actually I said Sunday but corrected myself as my Paypal history showed it was indeed Saturday night, and he said that I haven't paid. So now I'm having to go in and file a claim either from him or some stranger because the email address was wrong. Do I file the claim as fraudulent seller or item wasn't received?? I don't have reason to believe they are scamming me, but I definitely paid someone using the info given by Discogs.

edit: okay, now they are saying they did receive it. NEVERMIND 🙄
I’m guessing he’d already used all of the money to buy toilet paper and forgot where he got it from.

“Hi I’m messaging you cause I noticed in your description it says the record doesn’t come with the bonus poster...so I’m curious why you’d list it on the listing that has the bonus poster?”

User joined in 2013. I’m guessing this is less sincere confusion over how the database description and the marketplace description can differ and more a sly invitation to chide me for the extreme violation of having a well described & clear yet incomplete marketplace listing? Hmmmm. I’ll never know since I’m not replying. :)

“Hi I’m messaging you cause I noticed in your description it says the record doesn’t come with the bonus poster...so I’m curious why you’d list it on the listing that has the bonus poster?”

User joined in 2013. I’m guessing this is less sincere confusion over how the database description and the marketplace description can differ and more a sly invitation to chide me for the extreme violation of having a well described & clear yet incomplete marketplace listing? Hmmmm. I’ll never know since I’m not replying. :)
F17D379D-1CCC-457B-A0E6-9080010878A6.gif

Is there another version of the release in the database sans poster that you could have alternately listed it under? I agree it's not a big deal, as your listing description addresses this, but I understand the user's point. As a seller I try to avoid potential confusion. What if the buyer fails to note your description, and then starts a dispute or gives you negative feedback? Sure, you're in the right, but wouldn't it be better to do all you can to avoid a dispute in the first place?

Is there another version of the release in the database sans poster that you could have alternately listed it under? I agree it's not a big deal, as your listing description addresses this, but I understand the user's point. As a seller I try to avoid potential confusion. What if the buyer fails to note your description, and then starts a dispute or gives you negative feedback? Sure, you're in the right, but wouldn't it be better to do all you can to avoid a dispute in the first place?

There are a few versions. The copy I have is identical (no barcode, label logo placement, etc) to the one that originally came with a bonus poster during pre-order/first sale at shops. All other versions have a bar code and a diff label logo placement. In theory, I could create a brand new version but that seems more potentially destructive and inaccurate than selling 1 copy of the same version without the bonus poster.

There are a few versions. The copy I have is identical (no barcode, label logo placement, etc) to the one that originally came with a bonus poster during pre-order/first sale at shops. All other versions have a bar code and a diff label logo placement. In theory, I could create a brand new version but that seems more potentially destructive and inaccurate than selling 1 copy of the same version without the bonus poster.
That makes sense. It sounds like you picked the most appropriate version, and you shouldn't have to create a brand new version.

Last edited:
yep...you did exactly what you are supposed to do.

That's not to say that some releases don't need a separate submission when it comes to inserts and such, like if there are different random posters - Sid Vicious ‎– Sid Sings

or if an inner sleeve is printed red on some releases, but blue in others - Nine Inch Nails ‎– Not The Actual Events.

For your scenario, the sub should though mention that the first so many pre-orders included a poster.

Does anyone here use Discogs payout as a seller? Just ran into an issue where I closed an account, yet the payout still routed to the old account. Opened a ticket, but not sure how they could confirm sending funds to a closed account.

edit: Sounds like we play the waiting game until my old bank bounces the payment back

Last edited:
Back