Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

can someone revert this goof's changes. i don't have that power yet.
I reverted it and suggested they start a debate thread in over in the discogs forum to plead their case and come to a consensus hopefully that will take care of it. Though I may get my hand slapped for getting involved. We shall see.

It also looks like the picture doesn't match the version - it shows 3 tracks on side D but tracklisting describes a single record w/ A/B sides.

Maybe you're talking about two different releases then?

ooh, good catch, i bet you're right- i didn't notice the image addition. original is definitely a single disc and a more solid purple. looks like there might be new bootlegs out there, then, but yeah that version isn't the one to post it in.

ooh, good catch, i bet you're right- i didn't notice the image addition. original is definitely a single disc and a more solid purple. looks like there might be new bootlegs out there, then, but yeah that version isn't the one to post it in.
It would also explain why they referenced “WaxTrack” as the Label.

As a seller, tempted to turn off the "make an offer" function. Some maniac just offered me $2.80 on a $3 cd. What is the mentality there? Is it some sort of power play thing? I usually accept offers if its a few bucks off they want but rejected this offer on principle and now tempted to just block such a nickel and diming wiener from buying my shit at all.
Why did you enable ‘Make An Offer’ on a $3 item then complain when somebody offered you a price 20¢ lower?

This was a dick move on YOUR part.

Anybody want to double check this for me, always open to suggestions about listings:

It looks good to me. If you can take a pic of the side B label, that would be good. Though not a requirement, it is good to find the runouts and put them in there. They are sometimes hard to see, especially on clear vinyl. So it's not a huge deal if you didn't put them in, but if you can, please do.

By the way, you have Devon Gilfillian ‎– Black Hole Rainbow, right? Does it really have the label code of 1111? If it's true, the no biggie. I made an entry of a potentially different version. It would help if someone who has this version can fill in some details or at least take a few pics. This is also where runouts are important to distinguish versions.

Cheers!

EDIT: One other thing about your submission, Discogs likes the first letter of each word capitalized. Check you color description :)

It looks good to me. If you can take a pic of the side B label, that would be good. Though not a requirement, it is good to find the runouts and put them in there. They are sometimes hard to see, especially on clear vinyl. So it's not a huge deal if you didn't put them in, but if you can, please do.

By the way, you have Devon Gilfillian ‎– Black Hole Rainbow, right? Does it really have the label code of 1111? If it's true, the no biggie. I made an entry of a potentially different version. It would help if someone who has this version can fill in some details or at least take a few pics. This is also where runouts are important to distinguish versions.

Cheers!

EDIT: One other thing about your submission, Discogs likes the first letter of each word capitalized. Check you color description :)
Cool. Thanks. I’ll take a look at the Gilfillian for you.

how does one make a master?

I need to that to this:

Because of the wax mage.

Cheers!

I see no evidence of label code 1111 on my copy of Gilfillian.

I see no evidence of label code 1111 on my copy of Gilfillian.

Thanks. Hopefully the original submitter will reply. Now I am not sure to correct it or merge it. The signed version that I have might be enough to keep it as a separate entry. I'll need to post something in the discogs forum, probably.

Cheers.

Thanks. Hopefully the original submitter will reply. Now I am not sure to correct it or merge it. The signed version that I have might be enough to keep it as a separate entry. I'll need to post something in the discogs forum, probably.

Cheers.
Is it a MRC copy? I didn’t think a signature qualified as a variant....

Is it a MRC copy? I didn’t think a signature qualified as a variant....

MRC meaning Magnolia Record Club? No, I bought mine direct from Gilfillian's site. Here's what I have:

Correct, a signed version isn't enough to have a separate entry if it's otherwise the same copy of an existing.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. There is still not enough info from the original submitter to make a good decision :(

Back