Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Hello everyone! I just made my second submission. Would you mind checking it out?

When snapping photos, try to crop out of the extra background noise, like turntables, and anything that doesn't add value. Since this is a black vinyl release, a close up photo of both labels would've sufficed (and make sure they are right-side up fo ease of reading). I'd also say that you don't need the leading zeroes on the tracklist, even though that's how it's presented on the release. It's an aesthetic part of the release that doesn't translate well to the discogs entry.

So I bought a couple CCR records from someone today and before I paid, I asked him to make sure that they had Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman’s initials in the deadwax. Here’s his reply:
3C230D74-8D3D-4703-A815-56743BCD190A.png
Oh boy haha! We shall see if I actually get the correct vinyl. Like I get enjoying records just for the sake of music but I for one like to have the best sounding version as well. Seller came off a little angry at me for even asking. Not sure if he is or not but it was a valid question :p

So I bought a couple CCR records from someone today and before I paid, I asked him to make sure that they had Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman’s initials in the deadwax. Here’s his reply:
View attachment 42283
Oh boy haha! We shall see if I actually get the correct vinyl. Like I get enjoying records just for the sake of music but I for one like to have the best sounding version as well. Seller came off a little angry at me for even asking. Not sure if he is or not but it was a valid question :p
Lol, uh yeah we get that you might not look at the etchings pal, but the buyer might. I imagine this guy wouldn’t make a great business owner.

View attachment 42283

what a moron.

I came here today for help, tricks, secrets, and tips for not buying more records on cogs. Finalyl pinched a copy of SVE's Remind Me Tomorrow since FIX deleted themselves and all my album orders. Amazingly, it was well under buying from artist direct.

you can try through the add friend feature , if you`re lucky and the store goes by its name then you got it

i`ve been listing some stuff again and im having a hard time with the description of one record, its probably not a good use of words, would appreciate if you could fix this for me.

i wrote this in the listing : Vinyl seems to be unplayed, vinyl has a bit of a bleak spot near the runout of one side , looks perfect otherwise. i can provide pictures.

cheers

Yeah bleak might not be the best choice of words in there, it’s generally more of an atmospheric word than a straight descriptive one. That said if it coveys the situation as accurately as possible it’s not necessarily wrong either. Is it that there is an area of discolouration, or a smudge or a pitting?

Yeah bleak might not be the best choice of words in there, it’s generally more of an atmospheric word than a straight descriptive one. That said if it coveys the situation as accurately as possible it’s not necessarily wrong either. Is it that there is an area of discolouration, or a smudge or a pitting?

i think discolouration fits the best.

Had only used this for checking a pressing until now, thought that the sales were links out to other websites! Last night in my usual "1am hour of weakness" I was looking at After The Gold Rush by Neil Young out of curiosity. Saw the marketplace, had a quick gander and spotted a copy from the first Japanese pressing VG+/VG+ with obi for what seemed a reasonable price so clicked and realised I could order right then and there - how neat!

..then I realised about five minutes after that you can browse the marketplace for that specific release which seems to show more - and one was at NM for the cover with liner notes and £2 cheaper. Ah well, you live you learn :LOL:! Either way, was surprising and will definitely be browsing the marketplace in the future when looking for items, and reading this thread through for tips.

So guys, it’s my first time selling a record on Discogs and I feel a bit guilty for how much I’m selling it for, but I really want to get some MoFi One-Step SuperVinyl pressings so 🤷‍♂️

I’m selling my sealed Still Woozy for AUD$200 which I think is the cheapest one there listed. I’ve actually got two sealed copies of this (got an extra by accident fortunately). So if I sell both of them, that means I’ll be able to get MoFi One-Step pressings of Bob Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks and Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On! 🤗💎

Thoughts? I’ve purchased vinyl from Discogs for more than double the price as the sale price so I guess what I’m doing isn’t too bad, right?! 🙈😅

So guys, it’s my first time selling a record on Discogs and I feel a bit guilty for how much I’m selling it for, but I really want to get some MoFi One-Step SuperVinyl pressings so 🤷‍♂️

I’m selling my sealed Still Woozy for AUD$200 which I think is the cheapest one there listed. I’ve actually got two sealed copies of this (got an extra by accident fortunately). So if I sell both of them, that means I’ll be able to get MoFi One-Step pressings of Bob Dylan’s Blood On The Tracks and Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On! 🤗💎

Thoughts? I’ve purchased vinyl from Discogs for more than double the price as the sale price so I guess what I’m doing isn’t too bad, right?! 🙈😅
The correct price is what someone is willing to pay for it. The price history shows that six copies sold in March for $100-$141 USD, so I think your price is fair.

Back