Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I've been on Discogs for such a long time that I can't remember when I couldn't vote.

Getting the rights to vote seems way too random.

well, then maybe you can do me a solid and vote on these and get them off my pending submissions?:

the last two have been on there for 7 years.

I just ran into a situation I have never seen before.

I picked up a copy of Tracy Shedd's The Carolinas. I opened it up to find a teal pressing.

Discogs only listed a purple record with green swirl. When trying to look up the variants that were pressed so I can add the one I got properly I discovered that every record is unique. Not 2 were pressed alike.

I'm assuming the listing on Discogs needs to be updated to reflect this and not just list one color. Obviously the each record is Unique goes in the notes, but what should the free text field say in the format?

I picked up a copy of Tracy Shedd's The Carolinas. I opened it up to find a teal pressing.

Discogs only listed a purple record with green swirl. When trying to look up the variants that were pressed so I can add the one I got properly I discovered that every record is unique. Not 2 were pressed alike.

I'm assuming the listing on Discogs needs to be updated to reflect this and not just list one color. Obviously the each record is Unique goes in the notes, but what should the free text field say in the format?

I'd leave a blank space in the free text field, and I would list on the notes the different colors that exists out there (well, purple and green and the teal one so far) and encourage the other users who have it to list their own colors.
But who knows, I really don't understand some of the rules on discogs

When this has come up in the past users have used "Random Color" or "Various Colors" in the FTF, then explained it in the notes.

I'd leave a blank space in the free text field, and I would list on the notes the different colors that exists out there (well, purple and green and the teal one so far) and encourage the other users who have it to list their own colors.
But who knows, I really don't understand some of the rules on discogs

On the artists facebook page she asked for people to share what color they got. There are at least 40 different color variants shared there.

Kind of cool seeing all the different treatments. Some are two colors or tri colors. Some are marble, splatter, swirl or fusion.

I kind of feel unlucky getting just a solid teal colored record. There are some cool ones out there.

well, then maybe you can do me a solid and vote on these and get them off my pending submissions?:

the last two have been on there for 7 years.

whoever voted these (@LeeVing, i presume, but maybe someone else), thank you, i am finally off the cip.

As a seller, tempted to turn off the "make an offer" function. Some maniac just offered me $2.80 on a $3 cd. What is the mentality there? Is it some sort of power play thing? I usually accept offers if its a few bucks off they want but rejected this offer on principle and now tempted to just block such a nickel and diming wiener from buying my shit at all.

As a seller, tempted to turn off the "make an offer" function. Some maniac just offered me $2.80 on a $3 cd. What is the mentality there? Is it some sort of power play thing? I usually accept offers if its a few bucks off they want but rejected this offer on principle and now tempted to just block such a nickel and diming wiener from buying my shit at all.
It’s not personal. It’s noise. It’s not worth getting worked up over. Move along.

I've been guilty of that a few times, an OCD regarding round prices when postage is added...

Is your shipping $3.20 or something?

Maybe they just wanted something off... people like to think they got a sale price.

I’ve been really gutting my collection lately and listing rarer records I never listen to and I seem to have uncovered the phenomenon of people checking out to “reserve” a rare record and then taking a few days to decide they prefer not to take it after all. :giggle:

I was called a geezer and "grampa" the other day for repeatedly disabling a web image.

I'm surprised it wasn't "ok, boomer" or some other stupid shit the kids say these days.

I was called a geezer and "grampa" the other day for repeatedly disabling a web image.

I'm surprised it wasn't "ok, boomer" or some other stupid shit the kids say these days.

That's pretty silly of them to keep re-enabling those pics like that. I hope they stay off your lawn! ;)

it's such a fun game though.

Back