Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Concurrently having issues with someone again not understanding the remaster tag...

this guy is still at it...

I get the technicalities of "newly mastered" and newly cut can imply a re-mastering - but this isn't how Discogs uses the tag...if it was then all new cuts would get a Remastered tag - and we don't tag that way.

see the latest edit discussion- am i being unreasonable here?

seems like a good discussion to be had in the forum. i fundamentally agree with your point that data should not be changed without something to go on. that's pretty well-established on discogs.

I hate this new set postage!

Got a fella in the North looking to buy a record. The cost of posting to the north from here is the same as a local delivery which is less than the rest of the UK which is classed as an international delivery. This damn system doesn't allow for me to set different rates for Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK. I'm guessing the only option is for him to buy and me to give an immediate partial PayPal refund? What a bloody mess!

I hate this new set postage!

Got a fella in the North looking to buy a record. The cost of posting to the north from here is the same as a local delivery which is less than the rest of the UK which is classed as an international delivery. This damn system doesn't allow for me to set different rates for Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK. I'm guessing the only option is for him to buy and me to give an immediate partial PayPal refund? What a bloody mess!

I saw your forum post - I hope they get something figured out with your support request.

Last edited:
this guy is still at it...

I get the technicalities of "newly mastered" and newly cut can imply a re-mastering - but this isn't how Discogs uses the tag...if it was then all new cuts would get a Remastered tag - and we don't tag that way.

So he finally searched the depths of Eurythmics social media and found where they called these Remastered...which is what I wanted in the first place.

Now I got someone saying a Mastered For Vinyl credit on a release should be a Remastered By credit...because the release is hyped as remastered. I'm not arguing the tag, but the credit.

Why would you put in an offer and not have the payment ready to go? I accepted a user's offer for a DVD-Audio. I'm on day 3 of waiting for him to pay for the DVD-Audio as Paypal is the only payment I accept. I get the feeling this user isn't going to pay and I have to wait the full 7 days till this auto cancels. Should I reach out to the user or just let it go? Also, can I shorten the payment window on future transactions?

Why would you put in an offer and not have the payment ready to go? I accepted a user's offer for a DVD-Audio. I'm on day 3 of waiting for him to pay for the DVD-Audio as Paypal is the only payment I accept. I get the feeling this user isn't going to pay and I have to wait the full 7 days till this auto cancels. Should I reach out to the user or just let it go? Also, can I shorten the payment window on future transactions?
It just doesn’t go through sometimes due to internet connection or user error and they may not realize. I’d reach out if it’s been 3 days, it’s always resulted in a sale for me.

I usually send out a reminder once and have never had to cancel, however you can set your # of days you give people to pay at the bottom of this page.

Thanks to you both. I sent a message to the buyer. They don't have any feedback so I'm thinking they've maybe never done a transaction through discogs.

So he finally searched the depths of Eurythmics social media and found where they called these Remastered...which is what I wanted in the first place.

Now I got someone saying a Mastered For Vinyl credit on a release should be a Remastered By credit...because the release is hyped as remastered. I'm not arguing the tag, but the credit.

that's really strange that it's him of all people arguing with you. has always seemed like such a stickler for the rules in a black & white fashion. just like you. or uh, me i guess.

that's really strange that it's him of all people arguing with you. has always seemed like such a stickler for the rules in a black & white fashion. just like you. or uh, me i guess.

yeah...it's seemed odd to me, too. I don't really see what the issue is there. "Credit how it is on the release" is pretty standard issue at Discogs.

Nothing further from the seller that's yet to pay for the DVD-Audio. Should I send another message or just let it be and wait for the 7 days to expire?

In positive news, I've sold some records I wasn't giving enough love to. I need to find more ways to get Whiplash boxes. I really enjoy receiving those as they feel so much more secure than the standard boxes I've used which were mostly old VMP boxes.

Nothing further from the seller that's yet to pay for the DVD-Audio. Should I send another message or just let it be and wait for the 7 days to expire?

In positive news, I've sold some records I wasn't giving enough love to. I need to find more ways to get Whiplash boxes. I really enjoy receiving those as they feel so much more secure than the standard boxes I've used which were mostly old VMP boxes.
I would probably let it go to 7 days then change your policy to auto cancel at 4.

I like the whiplash boxes too but VMP, Bullmoose etc all have good boxes in my opinion (if packed right). My trick it to make sure when it's closed nothing moves when I shake it, then I know it's good. Also, I find that if I tape up the sides on these boxes they work great as well even though they seem cheap and flimsy.

Another question. What's the safest way to ship a CD? The DVD-Audios that I sold I wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a small box with tons of packing materials to keep it from moving around. Not sure on a CD and I have one that needs to go out tomorrow.

Another question. What's the safest way to ship a CD? The DVD-Audios that I sold I wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a small box with tons of packing materials to keep it from moving around. Not sure on a CD and I have one that needs to go out tomorrow.
Generally the smallest box possible, bubble wrap or other packing to prevent it from moving. My post office sells boxes that are perfect for ship CDs for like 2 bucks, so I use those if it is something valuable.

Back