Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I'm completely out of mailers because the mail sucks and I have an order to fill. Does anyone have any mailers from Amazon that they trust? Only saying Amazon because I would need to rely on prime delivery.

None that I trust. The only ones they have on there are these, which are extremely prone to corner crushes: Amazon product ASIN B001J5B0RM
I was afraid of that. I usually save Bull Moose and the Whiplash ones I get from Secretly Group. I had one record come from BM yesterday that was I a 2" box with like 10 cardboard pads in it.

What other mailers do you guys trust from non Amazon sources?

I was afraid of that. I usually save Bull Moose and the Whiplash ones I get from Secretly Group. I had one record come from BM yesterday that was I a 2" box with like 10 cardboard pads in it.

What other mailers do you guys trust from non Amazon sources?
Whiplash and BM are my go-to as well. Or the ones with the tough outer protectors, what I'd call the standard mailer that you're used to seeing. If you have an order in though, that Amazon one may be your best bet. I have used those in the past, I just pack it extra tight and use it on my lower value sales.

Saved by a Bull Moose delivery today! Now I just need to find some good mailers in quantities of 25 or so to keep on hand.

Saved by a Bull Moose delivery today! Now I just need to find some good mailers in quantities of 25 or so to keep on hand.
I've been tossing around just biting the bullet on the Whiplash. I hate the idea of spending $145 on mailers, but it would probably also motivate me to move more things in my collection that are just collecting dust.

Any of you that can vote, id like to see the ruling on this one. Seems straight forward but I've seen other sets broken out.

-------

Releases K-12 and High School Sweethearts/Strawberry Shortcake have been requested to be merged on Discogs.

Reason for Merge Request: [g1.1.4.] is pretty clear. List any items that were initially sold as a package (by the record company) as one release, no matter what the packaging. Packaged items that are also released individually are treated as separate releases.[…] So long as the heart-shaped disk has not been released separately, it has to be merged with the LP and whoever may want to sell it, they can do it through the LP's page.

For details on this merge review the history of both releases:

Hey there, was just hoping for some advice on selling valuable records. I'm looking to sell something that I've seen sell in the $300-500 range before. Never sold something worth that much and was wondering if anyone had any tips to not get ripped off? I'm mostly worried that someone will try to do a paypal charge back and say something like "they sent me a different record". Any way to safeguard myself from something like this happening? Thanks!

Hey there, was just hoping for some advice on selling valuable records. I'm looking to sell something that I've seen sell in the $300-500 range before. Never sold something worth that much and was wondering if anyone had any tips to not get ripped off? I'm mostly worried that someone will try to do a paypal charge back and say something like "they sent me a different record". Any way to safeguard myself from something like this happening? Thanks!

That's something I can't help with. Never sold anything on Discogs for this reason.

If you can vote - some yes votes would be great.

Seems we both made these subs at the same time.

I spent some time correcting errors from the draft and added runouts and credits.

Last edited:
I sold an $1,100 item on there once. It was an offer on a very rare box set. I googled the guy based on the address information and conversed back and forth before accepting the offer. I took a picture of the item before packing and how it was packaged (and insured it, shipping priority not media). He left positive feedback and was very happy.

I don't think people willing to spend that type of money on records are in it for a dispute.

I sold an $1,100 item on there once. It was an offer on a very rare box set. I googled the guy based on the address information and conversed back and forth before accepting the offer. I took a picture of the item before packing and how it was packaged (and insured it, shipping priority not media). He left positive feedback and was very happy.

I don't think people willing to spend that type of money on records are in it for a dispute.
I tend to agree. Unfortunately it's the mid priced stuff that people usually screw around with, or have buyers remorse with.

If you can vote - some yes votes would be great.

Seems we both made these subs at the same time.

I spent some time correcting errors from the draft and added runouts and credits.

Could use some votes on this one - as we have another waiting in the wings to merge, too.

This first one was just 2 subs being made at the same time - the new one was someone that didn't look.

Last edited:

all of this. insurance being a must. if the item is quite expensive i'll eat some or all of the cost of the insurance. don't skimp on the packaging. i've never ever had any issues with expensive items when i follow these rules.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

A record was put up for sale on the 15th December and I instantly bought and paid for it. I messaged the seller to let them know I had paid and to update me with confirmation when they had the chance. I didn't hear back so I messaged again 8 days later just asking for confirmation of payment. I still haven't heard back so I messaged the same again today.

Usually, I would assume that maybe they are away for the holidays or something but I bought the item within minutes of them listing it for sale, so I feel like they would have been alerted to the sale.

What would you guys do in this situation? I also noticed that they are a new seller, and that this would be their first sale. I usually wouldn't buy from them but it was the only one for sale so I risked it.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

A record was put up for sale on the 15th December and I instantly bought and paid for it. I messaged the seller to let them know I had paid and to update me with confirmation when they had the chance. I didn't hear back so I messaged again 8 days later just asking for confirmation of payment. I still haven't heard back so I messaged the same again today.

Usually, I would assume that maybe they are away for the holidays or something but I bought the item within minutes of them listing it for sale, so I feel like they would have been alerted to the sale.

What would you guys do in this situation? I also noticed that they are a new seller, and that this would be their first sale. I usually wouldn't buy from them but it was the only one for sale so I risked it.
Lack of communication is never good but it’s possible they mailed it out right away and it’s stuck somewhere en route. USPS has been overloaded this month and things are being delayed for several weeks. If it were me, I’d wait until the end of January and, if it doesn’t show up and the seller still hasn’t replied, open a PayPal claim. The seller will more than likely reply to that and they can update you on what’s up and help resolve things. And you can decide whether to ask for a refund or wait more (if they can provide tracking that shows it’s still moving).

Back