Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I'm not sure how it happened. I've been keeping track in the notes, but it is all gone now. They seemed to add ratings for sleeve conditions, which is nice, but it wiped out my existing notes.

I'll have to try making lists like what you do.

Cheers.

View attachment 67091
Did you check if they're still there on the mobile app? I still see mine on the app but I'm not home to check the desktop version.

Sorry I misspoke, lists are different. I use the folder column. And the rating has always been there from my knowledge. There are two different collection views, which makes things confusing. One you can get to from Profile -> In Collection and the other just says “Collection” in the drop down. One has sleeve and one doesn’t.
Two separate collection views. @LeeVing any idea why they have this?
F7E31EBC-124B-4547-B677-4D2A588CD36F.jpegBC210921-126F-4101-A662-CBCC841E9BDC.jpeg

Not in my mobile app, either.
I'm glad everyone else's notes are intact. It's weird that it is just my account, though, which makes me think I did something. I don't think I did anything, but I don't know. I remember a few days ago I noticed the extra columns for sleeve ratings and such, that must've been when my notes were deleted.
I recently exported my collection, so I'll have to find it and see if the notes are in there. It's not a huge deal if I have to re-enter it all, but still a bummer.
Cheers

Is this the app? If it is, I really don't know as I don't use it. Even on my phone I just use the website.
No this is the site. You’ll also find that in addition to having the Sleeve condition column, it also allows you to sort by the date the item was added. Although it doesn’t have the Min/Median/Max like the other one

Must just be me then.

I did find my export and it does have my notes, so I'll just have to added them back.

Anyone else wish that instead of screwing around with shipping they added a way to put pictures up of the album your selling? Like an Ebay page?

Not that I want to take a ton of pictures but it would be nice to have the ability on the site as opposed to sending someone a drive link when they ask for pictures.

Anyone else wish that instead of screwing around with shipping they added a way to put pictures up of the album your selling? Like an Ebay page?

Not that I want to take a ton of pictures but it would be nice to have the ability on the site as opposed to sending someone a drive link when they ask for pictures.
It would be nice as long as it's not required like eBay. It's so much easier to list on Discogs because you don't have to take a bunch of pictures.

It would be nice as long as it's not required like eBay. It's so much easier to list on Discogs because you don't have to take a bunch of pictures.

I agree. I would use it for the higher priced stuff and then when asked. Seems to me that it would be an easy thing to implement as they already have a picture system for releases.

I agree. I would use it for the higher priced stuff and then when asked. Seems to me that it would be an easy thing to implement as they already have a picture system for releases.
I usually put in the notes that pics are available upon request. Then you can link to imgur or just email.

I don't understand the new shipping policy stuff. I thought I had if all changed but it just charged an order $5.50 instead of $5 that I have it set at. Do I have to have "All Media" checked now?

Apologies if this has already been addressed in the previous 32 pages...

I want to list maybe a hundred LPs for sale on Discogs, and am wondering if anyone here has found a bar code scanner that interfaces well with the Discogs site for faster and more accurate listings? I use an iPhone and Mac Mini, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

I want to list maybe a hundred LPs for sale on Discogs, and am wondering if anyone here has found a bar code scanner that interfaces well with the Discogs site for faster and more accurate listings? I use an iPhone and Mac Mini, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
In my past experience bar code scanners aren't very accurate because multiple version could have the same sleeve and barcode.

Thanks!
You should be able to scan barcodes with your iPhone if you have the app downloaded. The only issue is, as @dbarila stated, sometimes the barcode will pull up multiple copies and you may have to still check it against the runout matrix Or other Identifiers. It can be helpful in narrowing things down a bit.

Thanks, guys. I understand the bar code variant issue, but it still would be a lot faster than drunkenly typing it all in myself...

I'll give it a shot and report back if I have more questions. (y)
I always scan first. It definitely saves time especially with newer releases that don’t have a ton of variants.

Back