Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Why's it so hard to get people to leave feedback? Out of 6 sales so far only 2 left feedback. It's kind of frustrating as a newer seller.
I've only got a 62% feedback rate with a few hundred sales under my belt. I also find that some will add feedback well after the sale, like 2 months, likely because discogs has sent out their reminder messages at that point.

I usually leave feedback for the buyer immediately. Maybe I need to wait.
I’d wait until the item arrives. Especially if you get a buyer upset that you misgraded or the post office smashed the record. Everything falls back on the seller in the buyer’s eyes. Plus, that feedback will give them the nudge to evaluate their feedback for you

As a seller, I only leave feedback once the buyer leaves it, just in case there ends up being any issues after the fact. Once the buyer leaves feedback I know they are happy and I consider the order "closed" in my mind so I am comfortable leaving them one. Looks like I've received feedback for a little more than 50% of my 350+ sales.

These probably won't be removed...but some yes votes for removal would be nice.

Both are shitty web subs.

Just added this entry to Discogs.

The Matrix/Runout exists both etched / handwritten and printed/stamped numbers that are not hand carved. What is the proper terminology to notate each of these.

I went with etched and printed, but I'm not sure that is correct.

Just added this entry to Discogs.

The Matrix/Runout exists both etched / handwritten and printed/stamped numbers that are not hand carved. What is the proper terminology to notate each of these.

I went with etched and printed, but I'm not sure that is correct.

Stamped or Etched is the usual. There is a movement in the forum that even this isn't really needed. I've been on the pro-stamped/etched in the description camp for a while now...but some of the more convoluted runouts get a bit messy when needing to describe them.

They do need to be on one string, and not split up between etched/stamped.

I'm slowly moving to not needing this info - and would just go with "Side A runout" and "Side B runout"

My voting ability is not active right now or id help you out!

Stamped or Etched is the usual. There is a movement in the forum that even this isn't really needed. I've been on the pro-stamped/etched in the description camp for a while now...but some of the more convoluted runouts get a bit messy when needing to describe them.

They do need to be on one string, and not split up between etched/stamped.

I'm slowly moving to not needing this info - and would just go with "Side A runout" and "Side B runout"

If it's one string how would you notate what part was stamped verses etched?

If it's one string how would you notate what part was stamped verses etched?

And there's the rub.

Matrix / Runout (Side A, stamped [093624891390-WMN-SIDE1 BG etched]: 10-88472/093624891390-A/WRN 208526E1/A 093624891390-WMN-SIDE1 BG

This is what I've been doing the past few years...but in the grand scheme of things the stamped/etched info really doesn't matter...and it looks like crap this way.

As for the "all on one string", that's a guideline, so other users are more strict about that.

Stamped / etched info can also go in the notes if it's really needed.

I don't have the option to vote either, but I see that 19 already "have" this. I hope it's not a trend that people add something to their collection as soon as they preorder it. Gonna make for a lot more shitty web subs.

So, could this section go into the notes "Side A stamped [093624891390-WMN-SIDE1 BG etched] and then just have the continuous string.

yeah, there is a lot going on here in that matrix, yikes

I don't have the option to vote either, but I see that 19 already "have" this. I hope it's not a trend that people add something to their collection as soon as they preorder it. Gonna make for a lot more shitty web subs.

Shitty web subs is always an issue with popular releases...and as i expected, this removal will fail here soon

Back