Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Hi, just popping in to give any current or future sellers a head's up:

Over the past two months I've sold a decent amount of albums. However, in the last week or two tracking numbers have started to show no movement for almost the entire ship time. I've had more than one irate buyer shoot me a message chiding me for not even dropping the packages off as there was no initial scan in at my local PO showing on the tracking.

After several frustrating phone calls with the local PO and the main (national) CS number for the PO, they basically said that because of everything going on currently with the USPS, some services like tracking numbers may not be updating. Anecdotally, 9 of the 15 records I mailed out last week show nothing in the tracking history. Only that the label was created and nothing more. The other are not showing any scan in at the departure city PO and are only updating when they get to the destination city, most the same day they are delivered.

Just a head's up to the sellers out there.

Got a guy trying to school @GentleSenator and I about mastering credits on the When The Pawn sub.

I'm sure he'll run to the forums...but if he re-edits the release I'll probably EI him at this point.

guys like that don't want to visit the forums. it's just too easy to clog up the submission notes.

i totally understand his sentiments & logic, but how many times does one need to be shown the discogs rules for them to accept them?

guys like that don't want to visit the forums. it's just too easy to clog up the submission notes.

i totally understand his sentiments & logic, but how many times does one need to be shown the discogs rules for them to accept them?

Right...I also get that every new reissue is technically a new vinyl master if it's not a repress.

But a new vinyl master doesn't always mean "remaster".

Cutting a new lacquer from the original master (digital or tape) and adjusting the EQ for vinyl isn't a remaster...or almost every vinyl reissue would be considered one.

Just pulled the trigger on 125 whiplash mailers so I can keep selling. Overall the u-line mailers worked really well for me with the fillers on my last batch, but I was stressing for every order until it safely arrived. Hoping the peace of mind will be worth the extra money and I can recoup costs quickly.

Now just to force myself to part ways with 125+ records....

Yeah, they had a good year.

I also like how the Strokes were 4 of the top 5 most wanted with The Stooges VMP version at 3rd.

Ok, Whiplash mailer users...What do you think is the best way to pack these?

It seems like one record needs like 4 fillers to fill up space. And 3 won't fit the fillers at all if I want to separate them....honestly the optimal amount of records while still using fillers for these seems like 2. And I don't think I've ever had a 2 order....

I got my box of Whiplash mailers in. Not sure what I was expecting but a box of 125 mailers is very big and pretty heavy.

Now hopefully this was worth paying over 3x more than u-liners....

What's the per-piece cost on the Whiplash?
The packing problem you mention seems to be a pain.

Still looking for strong, non-ULINE mailers that aren't $1 each.

What's the per-piece cost on the Whiplash?
The packing problem you mention seems to be a pain.

Still looking for strong, non-ULINE mailers that aren't $1 each.

With shipping(and not including fillers), they come to $1.40/piece. Not cheap. And considering my last batch of 50 uLINES I had a total of one damaged record (and it was only minor corner bumbs), we’ll see if this is worth it

With shipping(and not including fillers), they come to $1.40/piece. Not cheap. And considering my last batch of 50 uLINES I had a total of one damaged record (and it was only minor corner bumbs), we’ll see if this is worth it

For the record, pun intended, I have never had a complaint of a damaged record shipped in a uline.

I feel like records need more protection sometimes but I can't argue with the stats.

Back