Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

Hi everyone, is there a way to sort my wantlist by sellers that offer the most items that are currently on it? I tried to find that feature but failed. Anyones help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi everyone, is there a way to sort my wantlist by sellers that offer the most items that are currently on it? I tried to find that feature but failed. Anyones help is appreciated, thank you.
I don’t think so. I think your best bet is to pull a release then look at the for sale items then under each seller it will list how many other items they have for sale that are also on your want list. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this can be filtered or searched for. @LeeVing or @GentleSenator are much more savvy than I on the technical in’s & outs of Discogs hopefully one of them would know for sure.

I don’t think so. I think your best bet is to pull a release then look at the for sale items then under each seller it will list how many other items they have for sale that are also on your want list. Unfortunately, I don’t believe this can be filtered or searched for. @LeeVing or @GentleSenator are much more savvy than I on the technical in’s & outs of Discogs hopefully one of them would know for sure.

I really don't mess with the want list on Discogs, but i don't think there is a way to do what you want.

Go to your wantlist.

In the upper right hand corner is a button "show items in marketplace"

When you have your list, one of the filters is by seller (lower left) and they are in order of most to least.

Go to your wantlist.

In the upper right hand corner is a button "show items in marketplace"

When you have your list, one of the filters is by seller (lower left) and they are in order of most to least.

Works fine, thank you!

Ironically, the top seller has it's items comically overpriced and no. 2 doesn't ship to Germany :D

I need some help here. Sorry if it have been asked before. I've added a few CD to Discogs but I can't find how to "choose" which catalog number should be used to the page list. I sometimes have a Cat# starting with Craftman Records number CMRS-XXXX, sometimes with CS Record number DQCP-XXXX and sometimes with Three Blind Mice number TBm-XXX. Is there a way to change that?

Any Needlers or Groovers especially experienced with adding cassette tapes to Discogs? I just released my first tape and I'd like it on Discogs but I am not patient or experienced enough to get it right. I'm especially unsure of how to add it because it's a 'fake' reissue of a tape by a label that doesn't actually exist and it's also a non-profit release and I don't know how much of that is integral to the release entry according to Discogs.

Any Needlers or Groovers especially experienced with adding cassette tapes to Discogs? I just released my first tape and I'd like it on Discogs but I am not patient or experienced enough to get it right. I'm especially unsure of how to add it because it's a 'fake' reissue of a tape by a label that doesn't actually exist and it's also a non-profit release and I don't know how much of that is integral to the release entry according to Discogs.
I have 49 cassettes in my collection on discogs and created an entry for a couple of em. It’s really not too different from an LP or CD entry. Nothing you listed should be too much of an issue when you create the entry. Enter the information you have leave blank the info you are unsure about. If someone has the information you are lacking they can update the listing. if is a self release, you can choose “Not On Label” as an entry. Good luck. It can seem a little overwhelming the first time but it progressively becomes easier the more you use it. There is also a great community within Discogs you can hit up if you get stuck.

Here are some specific questions:

I made a "fake radio ad" intro for my tape. That intro is technically A1 but it is uncredited on the printed track listing, which starts with the first music song (technically A2) as track 1.

How does that look according to Discogs guidelines?

A1 - No Artist - Untitled? And then a note that says "Track A1 does not appear on printed track listing. Printed track listing begins with A2 as Track 1" or a more elegant version of that?

Or, since it's not referenced on the track listing, does it just become an uncredited 'intro' to the first actual song and require no notation or crediting or note?

Here are some specific questions:

I made a "fake radio ad" intro for my tape. That intro is technically A1 but it is uncredited on the printed track listing, which starts with the first music song (technically A2) as track 1.

How does that look according to Discogs guidelines?

A1 - No Artist - Untitled? And then a note that says "Track A1 does not appear on printed track listing. Printed track listing begins with A2 as Track 1" or a more elegant version of that?

Or, since it's not referenced on the track listing, does it just become an uncredited 'intro' to the first actual song and require no notation or crediting or note?
Just so I understand, these songs on the tape are songs you made, or are from other artists?

i am and have been for years. one dude fucked my shit up and i've just not been bothered since. even the label owner who said my edits were correct was ignored. there's three submissions of mine that have had no voting activity on them over that time that is probably holding my release from the cip up. if i try to edit anything, i just get the 'you're on the cip' message.

that said, i have been able to vote on merges and other things over the years, including other requests made in these threads. i just voted on cornelius' point a few days ago. but i can't on the above. so i'm not sure if my cip inclusion is the cause or not. *shrug*

I'm not and have never been in CIP, but like @AndySlash I seem to be only allowed to vote on things in my collection. I've added many things and can edit, have a decent vote average (but only 8 total votes), request merges, but not vote on merges. I wish I could help on votes, @LeeVing , but discogs won't let me, yet. Maybe some day I'll be promoted. :)

Back