Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

I'm still interested to hear the "right" answer. Meanwhile I went with the paypal japanese address becaue I was using paypal to order/print it. That went fine except the PDF was just squares instead of symbols. so I edited the PDF to have correct symbology. Pray for me as I commit mail fraud or something.

Not sure about discogs policy, but sending to a Japanese address using the English script should be fine. Most all directions in Japan are displayed in both the Roman script (English) and Japanese Kanji script, so both should work. If you can get your printer to print the Japanese characters, I would recommend pasting both addresses on the package.
Cheers.

The guy at the PO confirmed it should bear both although either one will probably work with a strong preference for the destination language if choosing only one. Always fun trying to lookup the address and get it on there while the clock is ticking for them to close.

I need to ship to Japan. Do I use the japanese address in the paypal address or do I use the english pinyin address as found on discogs?

I'd only send to the PayPal address...and it's the only way you are covered by PayPal if something goes wrong.

I'd say something to the buyer that is what you can do or they can cancel the order.

I have a question regarding an entry. This is the artist site of Lisandro Aristimuño, an argentinian singer. There are eight albums (seven solo, one with another artists). The thing is, there's one album missing: Azules Turquesas. As you can see, the album has its own entry, but I don't know why it doesn't appear on the Aristimuño's site. What is wrong with that? Any idea about how to fix it? Thanx in advance.

Looks like Discogs had an update at some point in the last week or so and I can no longer find the tab that allows me to narrow down my specifics within my collection (eg only searching a specific genre or release year). Am i missing something obvious here or could someone please help with where this is now located? Cheers

Looks like Discogs had an update at some point in the last week or so and I can no longer find the tab that allows me to narrow down my specifics within my collection (eg only searching a specific genre or release year). Am i missing something obvious here or could someone please help with where this is now located? Cheers

That collection view was in beta. They removed it as they couldn't get it working for all users...last was anyone over 2500 in their collection.

The collection view as it is now is how it has always been for me...i have always been above the max threshold to be included in the beta.

There is no mention of bringing it back, but i would expect them to do so...the filtering is something i have wanted for a while...and it sucked not being able to use it with my collection.

That collection view was in beta. They removed it as they couldn't get it working for all users...last was anyone over 2500 in their collection.

The collection view as it is now is how it has always been for me...i have always been above the max threshold to be included in the beta.

There is no mention of bringing it back, but i would expect them to do so...the filtering is something i have wanted for a while...and it sucked not being able to use it with my collection.
Oh damn thats so annoying. I use that feature almost everytime I go on discogs as well.

Thanks for the update though @LeeVing!

Hi all. Apologies if these have been asked and answered in the past.

Here's a couple of original releases:

They were reissued last week and I've added them below.

So my question is: is there a way for users to make the original releases Master Versions so that the reissues can be added to them and found under the same album rather than a completely separate release?

Second question. Below is an album that was added first.
I have added the black vinyl version

Same question about making one a Master Version but also, is there a way of just removing the 'Orange' free text format from a copied draft? I couldn't find a way and had to change it to 'Black' which I seem to remember isn't a necessary format.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I've worked out the answer to my first question by using the CREATE MASTER RELEASE on the artist page.

Last edited:
You should be able to just delete the contents of the free text box. If you tried that and it did not work, then I'm not sure.

I did try that and I didn't see any change so I deleted it and added Black and that did change. Not sure, maybe I have to save it to take effect.

Back