Discogs - Help, Tricks, Secrets And Tips

lol...somebody got mad about something I did again.

It was a rather convoluted mix of 11 runouts where some needed to be separate submissions....2 years in the making.

This one guy is the only one that couldn't figure out where his runouts should go. Once I told him, he still didn't want to add his runouts to the new sub, and then made an uneeded forum post.

3 of the 4 others figured it out just fine...and the last never replies to anything.

Last edited:
lol...somebody got mad about something I did again.

It was a rather convoluted mix of 11 runouts where some needed to be separate submissions....2 years in the making.

This one guy is the only one that couldn't figure out where his runouts should go. Once I told him, he still didn't want to add his runouts to the new sub, and then made an uneeded forum post.

3 of the 4 others figured it out just fine...and the last never replies to anything.

Update:

No one buys his bullshit.

I have an international order that PayPal is holding my funds on until it is shown as delivered. The tracking number still indicates in transit although I have corresponded with the happy buyer who received it days ago. What is the best course of action, here?

I have an international order that PayPal is holding my funds on until it is shown as delivered. The tracking number still indicates in transit although I have corresponded with the happy buyer who received it days ago. What is the best course of action, here?
Contact PayPal and explain the situation. See what they require to release the funds.

Contact PayPal and explain the situation. See what they require to release the funds.
Here’s PayPal response. I have to have the buyer do the following:
Here's how to confirm that you have received an item:
2.Click Activity.
3.Find and click the original payment for the item .
4.Click Confirm Receipt.
5.Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Here’s hoping I have an honest buyer. This is a real opportunity for them to fuck me on a $100 record (mint Dandy Warhols signed by the band).

This is an interesting one. I always thought Scorpio legitimately sourced their releases as they are U.S. based but this would suggest otherwise:

The release, The Loud Minority, has been requested to be removed from Discogs. You are receiving this message because either you are the contributor, or it is in your collection or wantlist.

Reason for removal:

I am the Granddaughter of Robert Shad and the owner of Mainstream Records. This is not an authentic release. I have been taking legal action against Scorpio and others who are illegally releasing our products, and would like Discogs to block these from their listings and from being sold in their marketplace. Please advise how I may best help Discogs in removing listings that may confuse buyers who believe they are buying original and/or authentic re-issued Mainstream Records products. Many Thanks, Mia Apatow

Here’s PayPal response. I have to have the buyer do the following:
Here's how to confirm that you have received an item:
2.Click Activity.
3.Find and click the original payment for the item .
4.Click Confirm Receipt.
5.Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Here’s hoping I have an honest buyer. This is a real opportunity for them to fuck me on a $100 record (mint Dandy Warhols signed by the band).
There’s at least one honest person in Ireland, lol.

Made a new Discogs entry, how’s it look? Found this Philippines press at a flea market in a box lot.

Play testing, some crackles but I think a good cleaning may help it a bit. Probably no better than VG, tops. The Atco colored labels tipped me off something was different about it.

7958ED12-5A7C-49AA-98C7-508F61969212.jpeg911C32BE-1365-4656-A132-91A0A5E6BE3E.jpeg0A09D9A1-9C78-4B3A-92E4-179B62033694.jpegE8FE11EC-893F-4699-9E08-71F73FEFFA77.jpeg

Made a new Discogs entry, how’s it look? Found this Philippines press at a flea market in a box lot.

It looks like a good start.

Does yours have the custom inner sleeve? As that is where all the credits of the sub you copied came from. If it doesn't, those credits will need to be removed.

Also the 2 label images need to be in the correct order.

Last edited:
Updated RS Sticky Fingers. Added matrix.

What I am talking about is the individual track credits -

A1Brown Sugar
Bass – B. Wyman*Drums – C. Watts*Guitar – M. Taylor*Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – K. Richard*Piano – I. Stewart*Saxophone – B. Keyes*Vocals, Percussion – M. Jagger*
Since these came from the copied draft - and those got there from the inner sleeve above that yours doesn't have - these should be removed - as they aren't on your copy.

Credits aren't to be copied over from a draft - only what is on the release can be credited.

10.7.2. Credits should not be transferred between releases.

10.7.3. The 'copy to draft' function duplicates the release information including the credits, so a different version of the release can be entered. Please ensure that the credits you copy across this way are correct and valid. All credits that are not written on that version of the release should be removed.

What about the credits listed on the labels?

EDIT: Removed them, per

What about the credits listed on the labels?

EDIT: Removed them, per

Looks good. The writing credits on the labels are covered with the Written-By – Mick Jagger-Keith Richard* (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B5)

The Written-By – Fred McDowell could be added back to the A5 track credit ( I didn't see that one) or added along with the above Mick Jagger-Keith Richard credit - which is where I would put it.

So these are together...
Written-By – Fred McDowell (tracks: A5)
Written-By – Mick Jagger-Keith Richard* (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B5)

Last edited:
Back