Definitive Audiophile pressings

Visited a local that I had never been to before to pick up Crosby's IICORMN and sell a few records. Shop owner apparently worked for Michael Hobson over @ Classic Records. A 10 minute transaction resulted in an hour conversation and graciously gave me a tour of his stock room, I had never seen entire walls full of sealed CR records!
I thanked him for his time and he proceeded to throw in a a couple of sealed CR records before heading back home. I am always thankful and humbled at the people I've met through this crazy hobby.

IMG_3961 by c c, on Flickr

PS. CR IICORMN sounds incredible

Last edited:
The one that’s a sealed full set! Was $225.

You made me panic for a second and go back and check my receipt 😂
Nice one! I’ve been debating getting that but you saved me the money! There’s also just one disc from a Dylan box there too.

AS sold a bunch of the classic records Dylan stuff a year or so ago and the listings were very confusing. A lot of people ordered some Dylan thinking it was the full set but it was only one disc haha There were lots of cancellations

Nice one! I’ve been debating getting that but you saved me the money! There’s also just one disc from a Dylan box there too.

AS sold a bunch of the classic records Dylan stuff a year or so ago and the listings were very confusing. A lot of people ordered some Dylan thinking it was the full set but it was only one disc haha There were lots of cancellations

Yes I remember them doing that 🙄.

That’s probably the one bootleg one that I’ve wanted since I started collecting and I’ve kept waiting for a repress and it hasn’t been forthcoming so I just had to jump. Drained most of my savings towards the last MoFi Beatles but equally I think I’m going to be playing a very long game waiting for that one so I can sell some more stuff again.

Joe seeing the Dylan listed:

giphy.gif

2 seconds later:
its-mine-lotr.gif

Really glad that seller only has the Classic Records for Not Too Late for the Norah run. What a collection items.
I've been following this seller for years. You can occasionally get good steals because they list some items as auctions and others as buy it now. I really regret passing up on a bunch of stuff they had in the past. It seemed like too much money for me at the time, but a lot of the prices have doubled and tripled since I started following them.

surprised Eye in the Sky hasn't been announced yet, sold my SC yesterday
it should be coming very soon. I'm keeping the SC since I like but don't LOVE the album and prefer the 33.

MoFi apparently said late last night in a somewhat vague comment on social media that Eye in the Sky 45RPM and the I Robot one steps will both be out within a few months if there aren't any delays. Eye in the Sky should be coming first and seems like it should be soon. I'm now seeing June on places like The In Groove's site.

another question if I may, is this AAA? I'm sure the 1 step is incredible but really don't want to pay a premium

it's cut from the analog tapes I believe, but there was a digital step in the recording as MikeH noted. Recorded using a DAT machine and mixed down to analog tape from there. That record sounds amazing though,

I distinctly remember the original CD release being labeled “DDD” in the 90s, back when that was a thing for CD releases. One of the best sounding CDs I own.

The vinyl sounds great as well; it’s just a well recorded album.

I distinctly remember the original CD release being labeled “DDD” in the 90s, back when that was a thing for CD releases. One of the best sounding CDs I own.

The vinyl sounds great as well; it’s just a well recorded album.

Yeah, just like Nightfly and several other great sounding digital recordings. I think people cringe at the idea of a digital recording sounding great, when there are plenty of amazing sounding recordings using digital. It's a misnomer to say digital recordings aren't great quality. What people SHOULD rightfully be mad at or cringe at is a hi-res transfer of an otherwise all-analog recording.

Back