Definitive Audiophile pressings

Not sure but I’ll let ya know! Also still haven’t gotten confirmation from AS on the Mellon collie so I think they might have oversold…but I’ll let ya know when I get an update!
there inventory system has been shit for a while now, not as shit as some others, but still, I would expect better from them

there inventory system has been shit for a while now, not as shit as some others, but still, I would expect better from them
I think their site really isn’t up to par to handle lots of traffic all at once. Someone else mentioned, not sure if it’s true, that places like AS will mark the number of albums they backordered as in stock even if they don’t have it yet. Then when the order arrives, and they get shorted on allocation, they backorder the copies they don’t have. But I know people who ordered after me who got shipping notices already and mine is probably gone to backorder

Coltrane MFT came in and it indeed is Kevin Gray. Flat and solid clean. Packaging leaves something to be desired but the booklet is pretty cool. Excited to give them a spin tomorrow!
Listening to the mono now, sounds great. The packaging is indeed not good. Maybe it’s all the ‘stuff’ inside that makes it seem so cheap, but even the BNC sleeves somehow feel better. I will try to never complain again about tip-on jackets…

Listening to the mono now, sounds great. The packaging is indeed not good. Maybe it’s all the ‘stuff’ inside that makes it seem so cheap, but even the BNC sleeves somehow feel better. I will try to never complain again about tip-on jackets…
What’s the complaint about tip on jackets?? I always love those.

Coltrane MFT came in and it indeed is Kevin Gray. Flat and solid clean. Packaging leaves something to be desired but the booklet is pretty cool. Excited to give them a spin tomorrow!
I have this version, is the new reissue different?

Should’ve clarified - I was referring to the price premium that usually comes with them.
Yea I don’t love paying a lot extra for them but they are so much nicer. I like that Craft seems to do tip ons for some of their LPs that are $25 and under. But with the backups at Stoughton, I’m guessing we will see more of these large scale releases have kinda crappy simple jackets. Especially since this is an anniversary release.

Does anyone have this? Comments have mixed reviews
Yes, I have this and I think it sounds great. Helpessly Hoping is enough to take my breath away. I'd say it's a bit of a steal at that price.

But....I sprung for the One Step, because as good as this 2009 reissue sounds, I can imagine it sounding even better. :D (And isn't that just the kind of logic that gets us all in a heap of trouble?) This will be my first MoFi One Step.

Yes, I have this and I think it sounds great. Helpessly Hoping is enough to take my breath away. I'd say it's a bit of a steal at that price.

But....I sprung for the One Step, because as good as this 2009 reissue sounds, I can imagine it sounding even better. :D (And isn't that just the kind of logic that gets us all in a heap of trouble?)
According to Steve Hoffman himself, the master tapes of the couch album sound incredible. So I’ll spring for the one step of that one, whenever it comes out…

According to Steve Hoffman himself, the master tapes of the couch album sound incredible. So I’ll spring for the one step of that one, whenever it comes out…
completely forgot about the 1 step, might just wait it out then

But....I sprung for the One Step, because as good as this 2009 reissue sounds, I can imagine it sounding even better. :D (And isn't that just the kind of logic that gets us all in a heap of trouble?) This will be my first MoFi One Step.
many on Discogs claim it sounds muffled with vocals being recessed. Is that not the case?

Back