Definitive Audiophile pressings

Mather

But how do the Audiophile pressings sound?
WHAT ARE THOSE, WHICH ONES, THEY ALL SOUND GOOD NOW

They sound great, but they sounded great before. I don't find the difference between the high high high end pressings is nearly as noticeable as everything else. But again, haven't dialed them in yet. That's happening in the next couple of days...

Andy

WHAT ARE THOSE, WHICH ONES, THEY ALL SOUND GOOD NOW

They sound great, but they sounded great before. I don't find the difference between the high high high end pressings is nearly as noticeable as everything else. But again, haven't dialed them in yet. That's happening in the next couple of days...

What type of amp do you have? I'm assuming it's a feature on the amp the dials them in?

Mather

What type of amp do you have? I'm assuming it's a feature on the amp the dials them in?
I have an Arcam 550 with Dirac Room Correction. So I have to put a mic in about 10 spots around the room and the amp sends out signals to read the room and then I can adjust how I want the target curve of the system to play out.

Andy

I have an Arcam 550 with Dirac Room Correction. So I have to put a mic in about 10 spots around the room and the amp sends out signals to read the room and then I can adjust how I want the target curve of the system to play out.

I'll stick with my amp a bit I think, but sounds like a good feature. Maybe I should stop buying audiophile records though and save up for some L100s

Sonicpharmacist

MikeH

It is digital (cut from DSD) and my copy had a roller coaster edge warp and was noisy AF. After two replacement attempts AS gave up and just refunded me. Nightbeat, on the other hand, sounds amazing.
Do you happen to remember when you ordered it? I think a repress was restocked somewhat recently so may have been an isolated incident or might be reason to worry if it was a more recent purchase! I was eyeing that one too before the AP prices go up. Might go for Night beat first though…

markmck79

Do you happen to remember when you ordered it? I think a repress was restocked somewhat recently so may have been an isolated incident or might be reason to worry if it was a more recent purchase! I was eyeing that one too before the AP prices go up. Might go for Night beat first though…
Was during early COVID, maybe early summer of 2020…

TenderLovingKiller®

anybody have the AP pressing of Hoodoo Man Blues? Worth picking up? Any other blues APs I should grab outside of Folk Singer? I have Freddie King - Gettin Ready but been digging more blues records lately.
I just picked it up the other day. It’s great if your into gritty Electric Chicago Blues; Buddy Guy tears it up.

TheThinWhiteDuke