Definitive Audiophile pressings

Still angry with how they sequenced the bonus tracks, starting part way through side C

I agree. I usually listen to the albums and rarely listen to the extras, so having sides dedicated to the album proper is preferable. That said, the extras are pretty decent for this album. I suppose it will be obvious the album is over when the two acoustic versions come up.

I agree. I usually listen to the albums and rarely listen to the extras, so having sides dedicated to the album proper is preferable. That said, the extras are pretty decent for this album. I suppose it will be obvious the album is over when the two acoustic versions come up.
That is the shame with so many albums from the era, they recorded/sequenced them thinking of the cd and working with 50-60mins. When it comes to a vinyl issue you squeeze them onto 1lp, leave off a couple songs or you end up with 3 or 5 sides and a bloodying etching.

Same, though I have a few albums that do the same thing or the tracks are reshuffled. That being said, Sonic Youth’s Dirty box set has bonus tracks spiced into the album proper but Bonus material is so strong and fitting that I actually prefer it to the original cut. I think if the songs are really good and fit in well with the album proper, and the band approves then it’s fine by my book. I enjoy Church and Starfish but I am not overly familiar with the album that the extra tracks will likely bother me as long as they don’t interrupt the album flow.

Same, though I have a few albums that do the same thing or the tracks are reshuffled. That being said, Sonic Youth’s Dirty box set has bonus tracks spiced into the album proper but Bonus material is so strong and fitting that I actually prefer it to the original cut. I think if the songs are really good and fit in well with the album proper, and the band approves then it’s fine by my book. I enjoy Church and Starfish but I am not overly familiar with the album that the extra tracks will likely bother me as long as they don’t interrupt the album flow.

One thing I can say is that the extras for Girlfriend and 100% Fun (both of which are also on IR) are great and I usually just play them following the record. But we'll see. And those are on separate sides.

So, with everything dialed in I went back last night and played Portishead Roseland NYC Live and shortly afterwards my head exploded.

Now the issue here is I remember listening to this one before and thinking it was great musically but the dynamics and stage were pretty narrow. But now it caused my head to explode. So I don't know if it's audiophile or not. Does anyone else have this. I'M SO LOST

So, with everything dialed in I went back last night and played Portishead Roseland NYC Live and shortly afterwards my head exploded.

Now the issue here is I remember listening to this one before and thinking it was great musically but the dynamics and stage were pretty narrow. But now it caused my head to explode. So I don't know if it's audiophile or not. Does anyone else have this. I'M SO LOST
You’ve piqued my curiosity. Which pressing? Seems there are a few…

I own the MOV pressing and thought it sound quite good.

Back