Definitive Audiophile pressings

Awesome. I have a lot of AP pressings (I have Headhunters too, some Beach Boys, and lots of jazz titles). I've never been a huge SRV fan but I had heard the Ted Hawkins is awesome as well from someone else on here. Recently got the Steppenwolf Greatest Hits and Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd). The Skynyrd is incredible.

I think I was secretly hoping that people would say that some of the AP blues stuff was just okay so I wouldn't buy it 😂 . should have known better!

(I deleted the end of my original post after I realized you were just asking about blues AP's, but nothing wrong with it's content otherwise.)

Awesome. I have a lot of AP pressings (I have Headhunters too, some Beach Boys, and lots of jazz titles). I've never been a huge SRV fan but I had heard the Ted Hawkins is awesome as well from someone else on here. Recently got the Steppenwolf Greatest Hits and Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd). The Skynyrd is incredible.

I think I was secretly hoping that people would say that some of the AP blues stuff was just okay so I wouldn't buy it 😂 . should have known better!
That Ted Hawkins is fantastic.

@MikeH Did you ever grab this…
I think it’s AAA and KPG @ CA
5n6t0a.jpg

(edit--i know this is probably NOT AAA but couldn't resist...)

Last edited:
Anyone have this? I assume it’s very good?

I have it and it's great, one of my favorite listens. Excellent quality (I did have to send one back due to some glue or something on it), second one was perfect. Even the one with the glue sounded perfect except that large glob that I made sure not to get to. 😂

I know this is a popular title and have seen a very positive review (on discogs) of this Japanese pressing that Record City has for sale (shows up in a search of their new arrivals). Posting this link in the event it might appeal to someone here:

I know this is a popular title and have seen a very positive review (on discogs) of this Japanese pressing that Record City has for sale (shows up in a search of their new arrivals). Posting this link in the event it might appeal to someone here:

I have the AP of this one but debating selling it…maybe I’ll look into the Japanese pressing!

I’m pleased with the Blue Note Classic version.

Currently spinning this, and it is great! I have listened to this album a gazillion times, but this is the first time I've owned a vinyl copy, and boy does it deliver. I thought I knew pretty much every musical detail of this record - every horn line, rhythmic pattern or background vocals -, yet I'm picking up new things in this listen, especially on the bass, which is absolutely killer.

I don't know how much interest this album will stir around here, but if anyone is vaguely into salsa or Latin music in general, this is a must grab!
@nolalady since you said you've been listening to Latin music lately, this title is a great one to check out! AAA + Craft pressing

It's probably available from some shops for around $25.

Squad, jumping into this thread super-late. Is there a google doc or something that has a summary on all this? Considering switching up my buying strategy to concentrate on my favorite albums, so this could be helpful!
Hahaha! That would be something. Or an Excel spreadsheet. But I'm guessing your best bet is to search here for the titles of your favorite albums. Or just include some of them in a post and let the gang do the work for you! ;)

Squad, jumping into this thread super-late. Is there a google doc or something that has a summary on all this? Considering switching up my buying strategy to concentrate on my favorite albums, so this could be helpful!
Just search my handle and this thread, if you can sift through all my utter bullshit stories everything else I mention will be solid options.

Yeah I’d post a list of titles and it’s likely that one or more of us owns a copy and can say if there’s a really nice audiophile, a mega standard or if your just have to put up with an ok widely available press. For the nice audiophiles you will largely be confined to audiophile wank titles and classic artists though.

Yeah I’d post a list of titles and it’s likely that one or more of us owns a copy and can say if there’s a really nice audiophile, a mega standard or if your just have to put up with an ok widely available press. For the nice audiophiles you will largely be confined to audiophile wank titles and classic artists though.
Vote on whether or not to change the thread title to “Definitive Audiophile Pressings (and wank audiophile titles)”?

Back