Definitive Audiophile pressings

I received these yesterday and am listening this morning.

Johnny Hartman -> Sounds amazing, he really has an incredible voice. I was not familiar with him at all but it was a pleasant surprise.
Cat Stevens -> I thought it sounded great. My pressing was mildly warped and had a very small rough area on the edge. Maybe I was being too strict, but there were moments when the vocals sounded a bit distorted. Whether this is the pressing, my gear, or the way it was recorded, I'm not sure I'll ever know. I'll throw it on Spotify later to see if I hear the same thing. It was in the particularly loud vocal moments.
Legrand Jazz -> This is probably my favorite of the 3. I'm still on Side A right now, but I think it's maybe the best sounding Jazz record I own now. I highly recommend this one for Jazz fans.

I think the Legrand Jazz is awesome. Impex are great, I also have the 3 blind mice comp which sounds fantastic.

Johnny Hartman -> Sounds amazing, he really has an incredible voice. I was not familiar with him at all but it was a pleasant surprise.
Cat Stevens -> I thought it sounded great. My pressing was mildly warped and had a very small rough area on the edge. Maybe I was being too strict, but there were moments when the vocals sounded a bit distorted. Whether this is the pressing, my gear, or the way it was recorded, I'm not sure I'll ever know. I'll throw it on Spotify later to see if I hear the same thing. It was in the particularly loud vocal moments.
Legrand Jazz -> This is probably my favorite of the 3. I'm still on Side A right now, but I think it's maybe the best sounding Jazz record I own now. I highly recommend this one for Jazz fans.
Legrand Jazz is a true joy!

I have the 200g AP 33 of Tea for the Tillerman and think mine sounds fantastic. I'll relisten later though to see if mine has any distortion but I don't remember any when I listened to it last time.

I like the Monk’s Dream One Step but I think I’d agree with you—a KG Impex cut might be similar enough quality-wise. The Blood on The Tracks one step is the biggest difference for me out of the few One Steps I have (it’s also probably my favorite album out of the released One Steps so far).
Been on the look out for a BOTT One-Step reasonably priced. Someone had one up (opened) on Discogs for $155 or best offer. Sent an offer for $140 and he declined by changing the price to $200 (there are several sealed from $170-$200 lol). Anyway, checked back on eBay and someone JUST listed one sealed for $158 or best offer, and they immediately accepted my $135 offer. Sometimes eBay can be your friend! Stoked for this one.

Been on the look out for a BOTT One-Step reasonably priced. Someone had one up (opened) on Discogs for $155 or best offer. Sent an offer for $140 and he declined by changing the price to $200 (there are several sealed from $170-$200 lol). Anyway, checked back on eBay and someone JUST listed one sealed for $158 or best offer, and they immediately accepted my $135 offer. Sometimes eBay can be your friend! Stoked for this one.
Great deal! That’s close to list price. Hope you enjoy it.

I would like to give a special shoutout to The Chic Organizations 1977-1979 Boxset! It contains Chic’s first three albums and Sister Sledge’s ‘We Are Family’! The pressings for all of these sound absolutely superb! I had the Friday Music pressings for Chic’s first three albums and these Atlantic reissues/Boxset reissue is so much better, even though the Friday Music pressings were still good!

If you love Nile Rodgers and disco, this Boxset is a a great deal! The four albums in there sound superb! They are all sharp, have an open soundstage and are very balanced! The separation is great! Can’t recommend this Chic Boxset enough!

This came in, and man, it really is spectacular. Blown away by the space and clarity of the instruments. The One Steps are the real deal.
I think Dylan is the best sounding one I own. I recently picked up Marvin Gaye (which sounds good but has some weird distortion only on the first track with S sounds...I don’t know that it’s sibilance because it isn’t on any other tracks). And I have yet to find the time to sit down with Mingus. Monk sounds great too but Dylan is the one that really blew me away the most so far.

I think Dylan is the best sounding one I own. I recently picked up Marvin Gaye (which sounds good but has some weird distortion only on the first track with S sounds...I don’t know that it’s sibilance because it isn’t on any other tracks). And I have yet to find the time to sit down with Mingus. Monk sounds great too but Dylan is the one that really blew me away the most so far.
I’ve got Monk and Mingus on order. If I can find the Marvin Gaye for a decent price down the line, I might pick it up, but honestly the beauty of that record and why I love it is the flow of the two sides. Not sure I’d enjoy it that much if I have to flip it more times and I’m content with my copy. Although, it is a top 5 album for me and I would probably enjoy it for the right price.

I’ve got Monk and Mingus on order. If I can find the Marvin Gaye for a decent price down the line, I might pick it up, but honestly the beauty of that record and why I love it is the flow of the two sides. Not sure I’d enjoy it that much if I have to flip it more times and I’m content with my copy. Although, it is a top 5 album for me and I would probably enjoy it for the right price.
Agreed on the flow of the album being thrown off a bit...I got Marvin for a little over original list price which seems fair now. It did have a few pops and clicks on it but I think I just need to give it a little bit of a clean. The sound was great outside of that S distortion only on one track. I know that seemed to be a common complaint on it though sadly...Hoping to have time tomorrow to sit down and listen to Mingus! I think the Bill Evans are probably both out of my price range now and Santana is way too far gone haha.

Just a heads up. Some issues with the Joe Henderson Vol 1 Tone Poet. Numerous people reporting general noise across the album and loud pops on Track 2. I just got it and can confirm same issue.

Agreed on the flow of the album being thrown off a bit...I got Marvin for a little over original list price which seems fair now. It did have a few pops and clicks on it but I think I just need to give it a little bit of a clean. The sound was great outside of that S distortion only on one track. I know that seemed to be a common complaint on it though sadly...Hoping to have time tomorrow to sit down and listen to Mingus! I think the Bill Evans are probably both out of my price range now and Santana is way too far gone haha.
Very excited for Mingus to come in, easily one of my favorite jazz albums. I imagine the soundstage on that is incredible.

the one step i would probably want the most is definitely Yes' Fragile
I got that in an Amazon buy 2 get one free sale but have yet to open it actually! I originally was going to try to trade it for one of the other One Steps but now the values are all different. So now I may open it and give it a listen. I’ve heard great things about it.

Back