December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Day 28 - Comic Books
Play something related to comics to celebrate Stan Lee’s birthday

Clint Mansell - Black Mirror: San Junipero

With the great comic book cover by Butcher Billy.

20210328_140057-jpg.93534

Day 29 - Home
Play something from your hometown or home country

Wasn't born here, but I've lived here long enough that it's home.

Saw these guys a number of time while I was in college. Country Dick Montana was one of the best frontmen I've ever seen - unfortunately died on stage in 1995 of a heart attack. The remaining band members still play in different bands, and have a hootenanny every year in his memory. Always a good time but definitely not the same without him.

Beat Farmers ~ Tales of the New West

1640800052603.png

Day 29 - Home

Willie Nelson "Teatro" (1998 Island; 2018 Modern Classics Recordings reissue)
Daniel Lanois is undoubtedly the most famous musician from Gatineau, QC. On this record, Lanois produces, plays guitar, bass, electric piano and Willie Nelson covers his song "The Maker" (from Acadie).

IMG_2074.JPG

Day 29 - Home

Willie Nelson "Teatro" (1998 Island; 2018 Modern Classics Recordings reissue)
Daniel Lanois is undoubtedly the most famous musician from Gatineau, QC. On this record, Lanois produces, plays guitar, bass, electric piano and Willie Nelson covers his song "The Maker" (from Acadie).

View attachment 122954

Top 3 Willie Nelson album right here!

And Lanois is incredible. Period.

Day 29 - Home

My father was born in Shiraz, Iran in 1963, and his family moved to the states in '67. I've always considered Persia/Iran a part of my home and who I am, so I spun another Persian-American today, Rostam. Sidenote: This album managed to make my list of best in 2021.

Rostam - Changephobia

tempImagewtA5iY.jpg

Day 29 - Home

Grandaddy - Under the Western Freeway

As a kid I lived in Modesto, CA for a while, hometown of Grandaddy, the best Central Valley band ever to split the sonic difference between nearby Pavement and distant Radiohead by way of ELO.

20200627_152413-jpg.54099

Day 29 - Home

Grandaddy - Under the Western Freeway

As a kid I lived in Modesto, CA for a while, hometown of Grandaddy, the best Central Valley band ever to split the sonic difference between nearby Pavement and distant Radiohead by way of ELO.

20200627_152413-jpg.54099

Modesto! Every time I hear that name I think of the city slogan - "Water, Wealth, Contentment, Health".

Back