December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Thank you to everyone for participating this month! I ended up bailing on my own challenge thread 😂.

Literally just got home. Went to visit family for Christmas for a week as planned, but ended up canceling my flights and driving instead to be a little safer. Carpooled with a relative and left my car in the suburbs. Got back a few days ago and my car wouldn’t start. Been in the suburbs dealing with that and being extra busy at work (when we’re usually quiet during this week!) so haven’t been home with my turntable in 11 days. I did check in here & there while away and saw some great stuff as always.

Anyways, hop on over to the January thread hosted by @avecigrec starting tomorrow. Looks like there’s some great themes next month. I’ll probably dip in and out next month while I catch up on my backlog of records to spin. There was a nice pile of packages at my door when I got home 😬

I’m gonna spend this afternoon/evening spinning some records and catching up on your spins. Will be doing a raffle tonight, and then the final raffle on Sunday.

Happy New Year!

Day 31: New Year’s Eve
Play something that puts you in a celebratory mood

LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
3B794862-7B11-46B2-A135-7BDECC2D9780.jpeg
LCD Soundsystem has always been the perfect soundtrack to a night of bacchanalia. Cheers! and Happy New Year to all you wonderful people! Bring on 2022!

Thanks to @debar22 for putting a capper on 2021! It’s been fun!

Also a big Thanks for @avecigrec for kicking off 2022 right with is January Challenge…

Day 31 - New Year’s Eve

This at least gets the blood flowing! But I'll probably do something a bit more mellow, reflective, and fitting to my mood tonight. There doesn't feel like a whole lot worth celebrating in the world right now. I've got a smile on my face listening to this right now anyway.

Infected Mushroom - BP Empire
Screenshot_20211231-140831.jpg

Forgot today was the last day, despite every clue, lol. Thanks for a great month @debar22! Lots of good tunes!

Last edited:
Day 31 - New Year’s Eve

Thanks to @debar22 for another month of tunes and fun to close out the year!

Floating Points, Pharaoh Sanders, & the London Symphony Orchestra - Promises

We're having a quiet night in later, so I'm going with a quiet, meditative album as I ponder the coming year.

IMG_20211231_154530511_HDR.jpg

Day 31 - New Year’s Eve

Various Artists - Jazz Dispensary: Orange Sunset

It’s a laid back and easy going New Years Eve for us. So this fits the mood perfectly.

6A03FB4E-BA76-4D2B-9861-E659DF1F4A4F.jpeg
Happy New Year everyone! Thanks @debar22 for a great month. I really enjoyed the prompts.

Back