December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Day 30
21st Century

Since I was scooped on my most recent this year acquisition, I’ve decided to go with a bit of irony. A release from the current century that is in every way a homage to the last….

0DCD326D-4303-4346-A0E5-9A7CFEC58AAE.jpeg
GA-20 - Does Houndog Taylor: Try It… You Might Like It!

Also from the best label of this century.

Last edited:
Day 31 - New Year’s Eve
Play something that puts you in a celebratory mood
It there a better party record (probably) but this really is a great record that everyone knows and is featured in a book I received for christmas, if your not strutting around like idiots to this then you have no right to party, beastie boys was my other choice but as I was reading about it I just went for itIMG-20211230-WA0002.jpeg20211230_193408.jpg

Thanks for organizing @debar22 ! Wasn't planned, but I ended up making it to the end from home, spinning from my turntable (you know, the usual pandemics fucking up our holiday plans). Anyway, I enjoyed the distraction the challenge provided. Ended up digging deeper that I thought I initially would have to.

My being home also means I'll be able to jump right in next month's challenge. Bring it on @avecigrec !

This is what your challenge ended up looking like for me:
(Missing image on day 7 is the compilation "Various Artists - The American Boogie Down".)

chart (2).png

EDIT:
Looking at the chart, I'm also very happy with the variety of records I played this month:
Rock - 10
Jazz - 5
Soul & Funk - 7
Electronic - 7
Country - 2

And of that, 2 are French, 2 African, 2 Japanese and one Brazilian.

Last edited:
Back