December 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: ‘Tis The Season Of Giving

Day 28: Comic books

I have a fair amount of comic book records if you count all the anime soundtracks I have, but given that I have been showing y’all some of my old punk records, I figure why not round it out with a riot grrrl soundtrack from an epic movie.

Tank Girl OST 2018 Real Gone Music blue press
0C40E2C9-AFD6-4DD9-A5CD-A837B2D87555.jpeg

Day 28 - Comic Books
Play something related to comics to celebrate Stan Lee’s birthday

I've been lucky enough to be going to San Diego Comic-Con for a long time. I was in the big hall when Jon Favreau initially premiered the first Iron Man trailer, and years later for the Avengers: Endgame trailer reveal. What Marvel Studios been able to do with Stan (and Jack Kirby, and so many others) work is beyond amazing and a great testament to Stan.

Alan Silvestri ~ Avengers: Infinity War / Avengers: Endgame Soundtrack ~ Mondo "Infinity Stone" edition

1640709523982.png

Last edited:
Day 28 - Comic Books
Play something related to comics to celebrate Stan Lee’s birthday

I got this comic book style art cover version of Madvillainy Four Tet Remixes. I think this was the Stones Throw exclusive version as opposed to the 8-bit cover one.

20211228_145218.jpg

Forgot how sick the Four Tet remix of Money Folder is.

Last edited:
Day 26
Charity

Between his own charitable organizations and his dedication to showcasing local charities at shows as well as a focus on a sustainable environment, Jack Johnson was the first musician who came to my mind.

F62DACCC-42A2-4966-B6BC-25C02C8CEC08.jpeg
Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales

Day 27 - Unique
Play something that prominently features a unique or uncommon instrument

Rupa - Disco Jazz

This album is very electric guitar, bass and drum centric. But we also have tables and a sarod on this thing for an added eastern flavor.

B74309F0-20A1-4255-A334-C8954269E162.jpeg

Back