December 2020 Challenge Thread: Let's Go Out With A Bang (The return of the raffle!)

Day 31: New Year's Eve - Play a record that's perfect for an NYE celebration

Blossom Dearie - Blossom Dearie

I'm going with a sophisticated NYE party for this one haha.

It's been a ton of fun running things this month! Thank you all for participating through the busy holiday season! I'll give everyone through the weekend to catch up if needed and draw the winner on Monday!

Day 31: New Years Eve!

I'll be playing this one later for sure. A release from this year that everyone in the house can agree on.

Thanks for running this month @RowBearToe !

Let's keep it going next month over here:

Glass Animals ~ Dreamland

1609433772877.png

And just because Topsters is so much fun, here's what the challenge you designed looked like for me this month. I'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out... that's a good glimpse at me right there.

View attachment 81981

Great idea...I guess I forgot that I had already "played" that Gwar album earlier in the month..probably because I didn't play it as it needed some time in the vinyl flat.

topsters2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Day 30: 5th Day of Kwanzaa - Nia: Purpose - Remembering and Restoring African and African American Cultures, Customs and History
Play something with ties to Africa or African American culture

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

20200629_154948-jpg.54400

Day 30: 5th Day of Kwanzaa - Nia: Purpose Remembering and Restoring African and African American Cultures, Customs and History
Play something with ties to Africa or African American culture
Los Camaroes - Resurrection Los
5A33FFDF-3E2D-4133-8FCE-6034A012B1BA.jpeg
A wonderful opportunity to spin one of the phenomenal Analog Africa reissues in my collection.

Day 29: Favorite album of 2020
End of the year lists are out, play your favorite album from this year

Had a hard time dislodging this one from the platter.

Who's denying
I'm not trying to
Time don't heal
The way it used to...

Country Westerns - S/T

View attachment 81771

Had to come back and say thanks for bringing up this record. I hadn’t heard this before your post and have since played it numerous times each day. Just ordered it for about $12 from Fat Possum’s current sale.

Last edited:
Day 31 - New Year’s Eve

I have good memories of NYE ‘06, playing this over and over to the point of annoying everyone. I got so drunk I passed out super early but still woke up and rallied before midnight. This year, probably just watching Soul and hanging with the family.

FFD83FF4-AA41-4726-A675-D4126FA2BB2B.jpeg

Day 31: New Year's Eve
Play a record that's perfect for an NYE celebration
Prince - 1999
View attachment 82018
As an aged millennial who graduated high school in the year 2000 the title track will forever be associated with NYE celebrations but also it’s Prince and Prince is always a party! Happy New Years everybody!

I'm Class of 2001 and agree entirely. My sister-in-law said play 1999 today and I had that exact thought.

Back