Cute Animal Thread

If all goes well, I’ll have a new listening buddy. I’ve adopted her at the pound. She has a microchip, and the pound called the owner and spoke to him/her. They still haven’t come to spring her from doggie jail. I have to wait 4-6 more days before I can pick her up. Fingers crossed.

19F11B5E-D95B-4252-9A4C-4B2D299A3896.png

Well, we went back to see Peaches 2 more times and both times she was very aggressive, which she wasn’t on the first day. She had a second person willing to adopt her, so we let her go.

That said, I need to introduce you to Teddy Boy. He’s an 8 week old King Charles Cavalier/Pomeranian mix. So far, no accidents and he loves his new toys. He seems very smart. I’m sure he will be an awesome dog.

DAB24DE2-02E7-40F7-BDA0-6B21C4F8AEA8.jpegF38CB05D-D5E7-4C4F-A23E-19D49F5A8138.jpeg

Dog #1 has a problem.
Dog #1 wants to eat Dog #2's food.
Dog #1 however cannot, for two reasons.
The first reason being that Dog #2 will not allow this.
The second reason being that if Dog #2 does actually happen to leave her food unattended, Dog #1 has discovered that as soon as she crunches a single piece of Dog #2's food, the overseers can hear it, and will come into the room and make her feel shame. As evidenced by the several times this has occurred and she has stood frozen over the food bowl in mid chew, sheepishly looking upwards at us as we walk into the room.

So Dog #1 has discovered a solution. If she can create enough excitement and commotion within the house, she can use this as cover to grab a mouthful of food from under our noses. Generally speaking this involves getting Dog #2 super hyped up about going out back and playing and when the door opens she lets Dog #2 run out first, then Dog #1 races past the food bowl at full speed and on the way by grabs a mouthful of food in one smooth motion and flees out the open door.

Today Dog #2 didn't have any food in her bowl when this occurred, so Dog #1; undeterred... raced past, grabbed my flip flop, ran outside, and threw it into a snowbank.
IMG-20200229-WA0029.jpg
Dog #1 has become an agent of chaos.

Last edited:
Dog #1 has a problem.
The second reason being that if Dog #2 does actually happen to leave her food unattended, Dog #1 has discovered that as soon as she crunches a single piece of Dog #2's food, the overseers can hear it, and will come into the room and make her feel shame. As evidenced by the several times this has occurred and she has stood frozen over the food bowl in mid chew, sheepishly looking upwards at us as we walk into the room.

So Dog #1 has discovered a solution. If she can create enough excitement and commotion within the house, she can use this as cover to grab a mouthful of food from under our noses. Generally speaking this involves getting Dog #2 super hyped up about going out back and playing and when the door opens she lets Dog #2 run out first, then Dog #1 races past the food bowl at full speed and on the way by grabs a mouthful of food in one smooth motion and flees out the open door.

Today Dog #2 didn't have any food in her bowl when this occurred, so Dog #1; undeterred. Raced past, grabbed my flip flop, ran outside, and threw it into a snowbank.
View attachment 34939

Hahaha! This is why when my dad/brother have their two dogs together they have to feed them in different rooms lol!

Dog #1 has a problem.

Today Dog #2 didn't have any food in her bowl when this occurred, so Dog #1; undeterred. Raced past, grabbed my flip flop, ran outside, and threw it into a snowbank.
View attachment 34939

She's a good girl, Mather. She's just making sure you don't get ants. Let her clean up after her sister!

Well, we went back to see Peaches 2 more times and both times she was very aggressive, which she wasn’t on the first day. She had a second person willing to adopt her, so we let her go.

That said, I need to introduce you to Teddy Boy. He’s an 8 week old King Charles Cavalier/Pomeranian mix. So far, no accidents and he loves his new toys. He seems very smart. I’m sure he will be an awesome dog.

View attachment 34922View attachment 34923
I’m a ghost replying because that pup is so cute and fuzzy.

I’m a ghost replying because that pup is so cute and fuzzy.

And he’s awesome. No accidents in the house. Only whines for a few minutes when he goes into his crate at night. Whines if he needs out in the middle of the night. He’s super confident and playful. Took I’m to the vet and he was extremely well behaved. He got a clean bill of health.

57ACB4A7-1322-4C2E-92E9-E52C53CDAF59.jpeg

And he’s awesome. No accidents in the house. Only whines for a few minutes when he goes into his crate at night. Whines if he needs out in the middle of the night. He’s super confident and playful. Took I’m to the vet and he was extremely well behaved. He got a clean bill of health.

View attachment 35091
my ghost mouth just gasped

View attachment 35091
OMG!! Cutness level off the charts.........we'll have to meet this summer ;)

Music really does calm the savage beast. I haven’t listened to music at home for a week. I’ve been playing with Teddy trying to wear him out. I forgot about puppies- it’s been 13 years since Murray was a pup. Murray was easy. Teddy is pretty easy for me but not for my wife.

Tonight we have the house to ourselves.

This is Duran Duran- they must be boring:

F81FC75C-BC42-480C-AE42-7FA602F7A598.jpeg

This is Tears For Fears- he’s moved.

9839EF3D-1270-4609-A632-58C064645742.jpeg

I’ll leave it to @mcherry and @AnthonyI to interpret Teddy’s musical taste.

Back