Baseball

The first sporting event I ever went to was a Rangers A’s game in the mid 80s. I spent my formative years going to crappy Arlington Stadium. My junior and senior year of high school, my friends and I went out to tons of games in the outfield. Lost faith in 94 when the strike came.
Got back into it in the 00s. Had massive trauma in 2011. So sweet. It was all worth it. This game can so cruel and so beautiful.

IMG_9776.jpeg

Who's next?

• Colorado Rockies
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Seattle Mariners
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • San Diego Padres
My guess is either the Rays or Mariners. I can't see the Rockies or Padres winning for a long, long time.
Yeah, the Mariners are close and the fan base up here is Champing at the bit. Really every team listed; outside of The Rockies, could fairly easily make the leap in the next few years.

Who's next?

• Colorado Rockies
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Seattle Mariners
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • San Diego Padres
My guess is either the Rays or Mariners. I can't see the Rockies or Padres winning for a long, long time.
I thought the Padres would get there faster since they invested a bunch in the team. I think it'll be the Mariners and I'm okay with that. There was no bigger player for me growing up besides Juan Gonzalez than Griffey. I always coveted my friend's framed Ken Griffey Jr rookie card. I wonder if he still has it. I also can easily see the Rays winning one. They just ran into a buzzsaw this year.

Ordered these this morning. Championship gear is always terrible. Have to retire my old Puma hat.

mens-new-era-royal-texas-rangers-2023-world-series-champions-9fifty-snapback-adjustable-hat_ss5_p-200866735+pv-1+u-4nxphf9l09jvn8aivrwe+v-ceue5peyp03kml3qyy2n.jpg

4-sleeve-t-shirt_ss5_p-200863607+pv-1+u-w6ac8ynw70ekbokwrjqj+v-479ks6mx1yz4vg2rti93.jpg

Last edited:
Who's next?

• Colorado Rockies
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Seattle Mariners
  • Tampa Bay Rays
  • San Diego Padres
Probably not the Brewers after yesterday's news :cry:. However Counsell was 1-9 in the playoffs so maybe we can get there before the cubs!

@ranbalam you guys just got the best play-by-play guy in all of baseball. Benetti was the only thing that made White Sox baseball bearable last season. My Sox fandom has featured many low points but 2023 is lowest I can ever remember.
I just heard this on my way home today. The guy on our local sports radio station was really excited, said the same thing - he's the best.
If the team could just get a bit more competitive. At least Avila is gone...so I have hope.

Does this mean he can no longer appear on Never Not Funny?
I think it means he can appear more often.

The White Sox ownership is incredibly petty (along with being super cheap) so they didn’t understand that Benetti appearing on other things outside of Sox baseball highlighted the White Sox brand in a positive light. They just felt like anything outside his Sox responsibilities was a distraction. I am sure the Tigers will allow him to fully spread his wings.

Back