Baseball

Just in shock how great the Rangers are playing right now. I'm waiting for the chair to be pulled out from under us which is probably happening when we play most likely the Astros next. Never thought the pitching and hitting would respond the way they have after losing the division and barely limping into the postseason.

Just in shock how great the Rangers are playing right now. I'm waiting for the chair to be pulled out from under us which is probably happening when we play most likely the Astros next. Never thought the pitching and hitting would respond the way they have after losing the division and barely limping into the postseason.
At least you know everyone will be pulling for The Rangers to crush the Astros.

I will say that I think they probably need to tweak the post season a bit more. Teams that won over 91 games in the regular season were a 1-13 in this post season.
It’s baseball, bring the Athletics in for a series and I bet they steal a game or two. 83 win teams having been winning since they moved away from the 4 team playoff system in 1995.

IMG_4289.jpeg

It’s baseball, bring the Athletics in for a series and I bet they steal a game or two. 83 win teams having been winning since they moved away from the 4 team playoff system in 1995.

View attachment 184536
oh of course. I think there should be some some Cinderellas but I also feel like a 162 game season shouldn't be completely discounted either. Probably need to go to 5 game wildcard round and a 7 game divisional series.

I will say that I think they probably need to tweak the post season a bit more. Teams that won over 91 games in the regular season were a 1-13 in this post season.
The problem is teams build for the regular season and not the post season, or injuries/suspended players hamper them from progressing. The Braves pitching wasn't as good as the Phillies, that's what beat them. The Orioles pitching was to get innings, no shut down guys. The Dodgers pitching was injured and had a suspension. Modern era is get to the playoffs with a team that can do damage once there.

The problem is teams build for the regular season and not the post season, or injuries/suspended players hamper them from progressing. The Braves pitching wasn't as good as the Phillies, that's what beat them. The Orioles pitching was to get innings, no shut down guys. The Dodgers pitching was injured and had a suspension. Modern era is get to the playoffs with a team that can do damage once there.
I also hate how much managers tinker with pitching staffs during the playoffs. Starting pitchers are lucky if they go 4 innings in a post season game.

I also hate how much managers tinker with pitching staffs during the playoffs. Starting pitchers are lucky if they go 4 innings in a post season game.
I don't mind it as much now that there is the three pitcher rule. And it was going to happen more this year, there just aren't as many aces on these staffs. So many hurt aces. Also, so many relief pitchers throwing 100 now. They can get away with a few mistakes and still escape a jam with that heat.

Back