Baseball

Yes, like a little bitch. I'm telling you, 2011 flat traumatized me. I didn't watch at all last night and it worked out. I figured at 11-4, I could tune in after the wife and I got done watching our show.
I hear ya. Easier to not tune in and keep that BP down. The team’s gonna still be playing whether you’re watching or not.

Selfishly, I think I'd rather see us play Arizona because Phillies fans are just f'ing nuts. But after all the adversity this team faced, I'm not scared. Plus, for once, we actually get to start the series at home. Both 2010 and 2011 were road starts even though we had the better record to due to stupid Bud Selig's dumb All Star home field advantage rule.

Bud Selig's dumb All Star home field advantage rule.
I remember at the time thinking this was a good idea because I (selfishly) wanted a more competitive all-star game. But soon after realized that putting the competitive advantage in a World Series on a (mostly) meaningless game would mean a single team would rely on their league to be stronger, which is sometimes the case that the best team is in the worst league. Either way, the all star game is still competitively fun at least, and not a joke like the NBA AS game or Pro Bowl.

200.gif

Back