Baseball

As a Braves fan it's tough to see the face of our franchise walk; but I'm guessing they don't want that Pujols / Cabrera situation five years from now. I dig Olson and the trade; and I'm pumped to see that the money freed might make this Atlanta team even better. Mostly though; I'm just pumped to see baseball again very shortly.

The way they threw a contract at Olson makes me feel like they had no intention of fighting for Freddie.

I might be in the minority, but I'd really like to see Rosario back for a full year. Soler would be nice too, but I'm prioritizing Eddie. He was my favorite addition to the club.

Also as a lifelong Braves fan I think it was ultimately the right move. Losing Freddie sucks but I don't think he had any intentions of signing with Atlanta.

I think Freddie wanted to be a Brave for life; but under her terms of 30 milly plus a season for at least 6 years. It must be tough for him knowing he outperformed his last contract and seeing younger guys get these monster contracts. Braves offered him what a mid-market team could afford and they basically played chicken during the lockout. While I'll miss Freddie and it'll sting to see him rake in another uniform; knowing that we don't trend towards a Pujols / Cabrera / Fielder /etc, etc, etc type albatross 1b contract leaves the room for other things to build around and keep the Braves as a serious contender for years to come. They have some great players on very team-friendly contracts like Acuna and Albies. But they'll still need to pay that young pitching and Swanson / Riley going forward. I think Anthopolous learned from his mistakes in Toronto and has set up Atlanta for a nice future to contend for several years.

But mostly, I'm just stoked to watch baseball again. And that the Braves will be up here in Seattle towards the end of the season. I'm going to all three games for sure.

I've been talking to a couple friends in the city and we're thinking about doing a road trip to see the Jays in Seattle this summer. Maybe do some camping along the way and if we have time stop in Portland too. I haven't been to a ballgame in person in 5-6 years now, really hope we can make it work.

I've been talking to a couple friends in the city and we're thinking about doing a road trip to see the Jays in Seattle this summer. Maybe do some camping along the way and if we have time stop in Portland too. I haven't been to a ballgame in person in 5-6 years now, really hope we can make it work.
Summer in the NW is pretty fantastic, and that stadium is one of the better ones.

Yeah, T-Mobile Park (still getting used to that) is a great time we usually try to make it a White Sox game there at least once a season. I need to get to an Angels game at some point as I would really love to see Trout and Ohtani play a game while they are in their primes.

So my oldest wants to visit a friend in St. Paul this summer and I'm going to tag along. It will be on a weekend when the Twins are in town so I figured I'll go check out a game while she's with her friend. Anyone been to a Twins game and can give me an idea where the best place to sit is? I'm thinking I'll try to find something under the lip of the 2nd deck so I don't have to sit in the sun since it's a day game. I'm excited because I can't think of another reason I'd be up in Minnesota with enough time to catch a game.

Back