Baseball

These are some of the changes I saw reported on with the deal
  • Players maximum salary cap drops from $750k to $700k
  • Base salary for young players has been increased to be more inline with other sports.
  • Play 12 teams now make the playoffs (previously it was 10)
  • DH requirement: Pitchers will no longer bat in the National League

Is there a fantasy league this year?
I am absolutely in....however because i am already in the Premiere League, NHL, NBA, and NFL leagues on here I would politely decline being commish lol
Me and some friends at work have been doing a 12 team keeper league for over a decade now. We might have some openings if you are interested. The buy in is likely between $50 and $100 this season if either of you are interested send me a DM. I am the commissioner and we just started getting all of ducks in a row yesterday.

Me and some friends at work have been doing a 12 team keeper league for over a decade now. We might have some openings if you are interested. The buy in is likely between $50 and $100 this season if either of you are interested send me a DM. I am the commissioner and we just started getting all of ducks in a row yesterday.
So I haven't done keeper league ever. Matter of fact I have just done daily fantasy for mlb on fanduel the last few years because my old league commish left our office and we lost touch so I'll probably pass on that this time. I'd just be donating 100$ most likely lol

So I haven't done keeper league ever. Matter of fact I have just done daily fantasy for mlb on fanduel the last few years because my old league commish left our office and we lost touch so I'll probably pass on that this time. I'd just be donating 100$ most likely lol
That seems to be the case every year. We have a core or like 8-10 owners every year but we usually prefer a 12 team league and most folks don’t get that FBB is not Fantasy Football and are thusly overwhelmed and tend to give up by the all star break. I figured I would at least give people on here the opportunity since it seems like there are some baseball diehards.

I was thinking of putting together a N&G NCAA bracket pool. Would any of you guys be interested? I would set up an private NCAA Tournament Challenge Group. $3 per bracket? Gauging interest. Let me know. Thanks!

Mariners are going after it though. Guess it'll be interesting in the PNW this year. Sorry they're appearing to blow things up out there.
Don't hold it against the Mariners at all. I'll be rooting for them from afar because I love Wink.

For me after 30 years (my lifetime) and winning a single playoff series (1995 so I was 4) and an owner that half asses it to marginal playoff quality every 7 years if we're lucky, I just don't see the point of caring for the Reds. And I feel sorry for Votto.

I'm still a Reds fan, but I (we) deserve better.

Don't hold it against the Mariners at all. I'll be rooting for them from afar because I love Wink.

For me after 30 years (my lifetime) and winning a single playoff series (1995 so I was 4) and an owner that half asses it to marginal playoff quality every 7 years if we're lucky, I just don't see the point of caring for the Reds. And I feel sorry for Votto.

So many false starts. Seems like they’ve been rebuilding forever. The Reds and Pirates are classic baseball cities with two of the best ballparks in the MLB. It’s a shame they can’t give their fan bases a product worth rooting for.

Agreed. Votto is a treasure. I have a friend that has been a fan of the Reds forever, we used to do a bet on annual wins of Phillies v Reds. He was still living with those great teams from years past. But he was/is as frustrated as you are. This team sport thing can be the worst. And I know if it's anything like me and the Phils, I may not pay quite as close of attention when they suck, but I still do. Just sucks to say "maybe next year" before the season even starts.

After the Winker/Suarez trade today I'm done with baseball until Bob sells the Reds. Won't watch a single game this season.
It feels like owners have become too savvy about the true value of owning a ball club to care about what happens on the field. You need a majority owner who wants to cosplay as an owner of a successful baseball team despite the cost.

From the POV of a Reds fan, it’s embarrassing when your favorite team trips over itself to be the new face of greedy tanking.

As a Braves fan it's tough to see the face of our franchise walk; but I'm guessing they don't want that Pujols / Cabrera situation five years from now. I dig Olson and the trade; and I'm pumped to see that the money freed might make this Atlanta team even better. Mostly though; I'm just pumped to see baseball again very shortly.

Back