Baseball

It seems like Ortiz, Bonds and Clemens will all make the hall this year. I’m fine with those choices tbh. All controversial but all extremely influential.

But if those 3 make it, they need to reinstate Pete Rose. Because his exclusion in comparison to those 3 seem silly.
I am fine with them all going in. It was the “Steroid Era” after all. Ideally the hall will include additional information regarding the cheating along with their accomplishments.

Last edited:
Baseball was already at an incredible disadvantage in generating hype and excitement, this quite literally may be the final nail in the coffin at attempting to engage an entire generation with the sport. The only people I know that are still fans are those that played baseball up to a certain level, and those that remember the game for what it used to be.

This is entirely on the owners, they caused this, they are almost entirely at fault. Direct all venom in their general direction.
Yup, they’ve expanded the post season and baseball revenues have gone up. Players just want a proportional piece of the pie. Also, MLB management have been fucking over player regarding their service time for like 15 years (at least). It’s time for them to work out a fix in that regard. I also hope they expand the DH to the National League. Different rules is absurd.

I believe this is a done deal already.

They also agreed to killing defensive shifts today, which I LOVE. How they implement it is TBD.
There was a good article by Jason Stark in the Athletic the other day about the shift. I enjoyed Freddie Freeman talking about the ball up the middle being the one that drives him crazy, if he nails it back past the pitcher it should be a hit. Keeping 2 infielders on each side of the bag won't fix that, they'll basically just be playing a foot off the bag and still make that play. There are some interesting stats in the article from trying some things in the minors.

There was a good article by Jason Stark in the Athletic the other day about the shift. I enjoyed Freddie Freeman talking about the ball up the middle being the one that drives him crazy, if he nails it back past the pitcher it should be a hit. Keeping 2 infielders on each side of the bag won't fix that, they'll basically just be playing a foot off the bag and still make that play. There are some interesting stats in the article from trying some things in the minors.
Yeah how the rule actually turns out will be interesting to see, because I agree with FF completely. If MLB gets it right (LOL), the game will be a lot more enjoyable to watch and pull-heavy hitters could see quite the renaissance.

Baseball was already at an incredible disadvantage in generating hype and excitement, this quite literally may be the final nail in the coffin at attempting to engage an entire generation with the sport. The only people I know that are still fans are those that played baseball up to a certain level, and those that remember the game for what it used to be.
NBA has been streets ahead for years in regards to growing their game. Baseball needs to be made more accessible for everyone.

Baseball is LONG and BORING, but excitement happens in short bursts. People who consume those short bursts may become fans and maybe want to watch a full game and buy merch or go to a game. If you put up barriers for entry people won't bother.

NBA has been streets ahead for years in regards to growing their game. Baseball needs to be made more accessible for everyone.

Baseball is LONG and BORING, but excitement happens in short bursts. People who consume those short bursts may become fans and maybe want to watch a full game and buy merch or go to a game. If you put up barriers for entry people won't bother.
I used to think I hated the NBA until I started watching the Sixers because The Flyers are unwatchable. They do a good job of creating excitement and getting fans into the game. I mean, the whole arena goes nuts if an opponent misses a free throw because of they miss 2 in a row everyone in Philly gets a free Frosty from Wendy's. When was the last time you saw something like that in the MLB?

Well, if we even have a season this year, apple announced that they hold the exclusive broadcast rights to 2 baseball games each Friday night. These games will only be available streaming through Apple TV+ and nowhere else.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD…YES!!

Love the Hawk reference. Good guys 3, Bad guys 2 was another favorite Hawk-ism.

We had tickets for a couple of Cactus League games in mid-March, and I had all but given up on them. As it turns out, we will be at some of the earliest games - going to see Angels-Brewers and Giants-Diamondbacks.

Back