Baseball

Why on earth would MLB schedule the Field of Dreams game when most local Fox stations will be airing meaningless NFL Preseason games????

Why on earth would MLB schedule the Field of Dreams game when most local Fox stations will be airing meaningless NFL Preseason games????
Not here. I just checked and there are only 2 NFL preseason games today. Washington-Pats and Steelers-Eagles. Also. I think local preseason games are not all on Fox it depends on the deal each team has with local affiliates.

Also, This game has been on the schedule since last season, well before the NFL preseason schedule for this season was created.

Not here. I just checked and there are only 2 NFL preseason games today. Washington-Pats and Steelers-Eagles. Also. I think local preseason games are not all on Fox it depends on the deal each team has with local affiliates.

Also, This game has been on the schedule since last season, well before the NFL preseason schedule for this season was created.
I live in South Central PA so that covers all my local Fox stations ☹️. Luckily the game is in 4K so I can access it through Xfinity's 4K menu.

Quite a dichotomy watching how the AL East and NL East close out the season.
It's so freaking painful. The Phils have done this each of the last few seasons, all because of their pitching. Not sure what they need to do to change it. I think they've blown something like 30 saves this year. Would've been nice to see Bryce get his due this year, he's been mostly fantastic.

Soooooooooo.......anyone wanna play the Blue Jays in the playoffs right now?

They're still in a fight in the AL Wild Card, but I can't imagine any of the division leaders want any part of their batting order. Or Robbie Ray and Alec Manoah's sliders.

It's so freaking painful. The Phils have done this each of the last few seasons, all because of their pitching. Not sure what they need to do to change it. I think they've blown something like 30 saves this year. Would've been nice to see Bryce get his due this year, he's been mostly fantastic.
I just saw a stat where they are closing in on the the 2001 Rockies all time blown saves record of 34. I think the Phillies are up to 32 with 2 1/2 weeks to play.

Back