Baseball

Well, that sounds disheartening. I will say about 3 years ago everyone was questioning whether the Sox had failed on their attempt to rebuild and they finally pushed through. I know every team is different and I am sure you follow the in’s and outs of Tigers baseball much closer than I but I still think they are are in good shape to turn things around. We’ll see. In the meantime you wanna trade in your Old English “D” for an Old English “Sox” we’d welcome your support. 😉
Thanks but I'll I'll keep the D, it's pretty roomy on the bandwagon (sufferbus) right now.

Any MLB TV users? I installed the app on my Android TV and have been enjoying the free games. The picture quality blows away cable (I did a comparison to the Mariners game on MLB Network and MLB TV last night and it wasn't even close!). Too bad I can't make use of it to watch Phillies games in a higher quality.
Yeah, it’s been pretty great. On Sundays I will put the White Sox up on my Amazon Fire TV and then pull up 6 simulcast games on my MacBook and bask in all the baseball goodness.

Yeah, it’s been pretty great. On Sundays I will put the White Sox up on my Amazon Fire TV and then pull up 6 simulcast games on my MacBook and bask in all the baseball goodness.
I used to use it all the time back in the day when I briefly lived in a zip code that wasn't in the Phillies market. It's come a long way since then!

Jays with the sweep in Atlanta, nice to see them doing well. I think all 3 games were comeback wins too.

Any MLB TV users? I installed the app on my Android TV and have been enjoying the free games. The picture quality blows away cable (I did a comparison to the Mariners game on MLB Network and MLB TV last night and it wasn't even close!). Too bad I can't make use of it to watch Phillies games in a higher quality.
Yup, I've had it for a couple years and I like it a lot. Since I'm working from home so much I like having a game on in the background and the highlights and condensed games are nice too. I have a separate sub for Jays games but I think it's still worth it.

Extremely excited to go to a few minor league games this summer. My local team, The Vermont Lake Monsters, was one of several casualties to the new MiLB alignment restructuring. There were the Single A summer affiliate of the Oakland Athletics but now they’re in a new Futures League. Which to be honest, is basically the same thing just not affiliated with anyone. It would be a stark difference if they were AA or above and dropped to the futures league. The quality of the baseball isn’t a huge concern but there’s something special about sitting at a game on a nice warm summer night. I miss it.

yep, use it all the time. And T-mobile/Sprint customers got it for free this year!

I just got an email for 50% off. Suspicious timing. If you MLB TV overlords are watching I have a hard buy at 75% off.

tenor.gif

Royals at 11 losses in a row. I saw a stat that said they’ve had 9(!) 10 loss stretches since 2005. The Yankees have had 1 and it was back in like 1913.

I saw someone else point out that they could theoretically be the first team to 16 wins and the last team to 17 wins.

Those memories from 2014/2015 can only keep me going for so long 😩

Royals at 11 losses in a row. I saw a stat that said they’ve had 9(!) 10 loss stretches since 2005. The Yankees have had 1 and it was back in like 1913.

I saw someone else point out that they could theoretically be the first team to 16 wins and the last team to 17 wins.

Those memories from 2014/2015 can only keep me going for so long 😩
It took 88 years for the White Sox to win their 3rd title in 2005. The Mariners have never even been to a World Series. The Padres, Rockies, Rays, and Rangers have never won a World Series and The Indians last WS championship was in 1948. Maybe the shared misery of all those fandoms will help you cope.

Back