Baseball

Astros-Dodgers featured what I believe was a first. Dodgers in the top of the 13th, hit a lead-off, two run home run as the new extra innings rule puts a runner on 2nd to start off the inning in hopes of wrapping up the game faster. Again, this went 4 extra innings. I guess we may also get another first which is a lead-off, two run, walk-off home run.

Looks like the Phillies are postponed until Monday now because a clubhouse attendant and someone on the coaching staff tested positive. Still no players positive though.

One thing to think about in all of this is, if the season gets canned then what? I doubt things will be much better in the spring at the rate the US is going.
It increasingly looks like the only hope for the US at this point is a vaccine. And then hope that enough people actually choose to get it because like a third of your country doesn't believe in vaccines. The government has given up/never really tried to stop it because they care about two things only, money and themselves.

The players won't go for the bubble even though that's exactly how the EPL was able to make it through the remainder of their season with no positive cases. I can't really blame them either. This does speak to the virtual impossibility of the college football and pro football seasons happening. A sport with the least amount of contact between players can't make it without positive cases.

The players won't go for the bubble even though that's exactly how the EPL was able to make it through the remainder of their season with no positive cases. I can't really blame them either. This does speak to the virtual impossibility of the college football and pro football seasons happening. A sport with the least amount of contact between players can't make it without positive cases.
The NFL has gigantic rosters too 53 on the active and a few more on the practice squad. Football would be better served postponing the start to the season t January and pray for a vaccine.

I think the baseball season is gonna continue until there is a big public backlash or a player revolt beyond that they are gonna try to power through to the 16 team playoff.

It increasingly looks like the only hope for the US at this point is a vaccine. And then hope that enough people actually choose to get it because like a third of your country doesn't believe in vaccines. The government has given up/never really tried to stop it because they care about two things only, money and themselves.
Have you seen how we are acting? That's hoping for a lot. ;)

The NFL has gigantic rosters too 53 on the active and a few more on the practice squad. Football would be better served postponing the start to the season t January and pray for a vaccine.

I think the baseball season is gonna continue until there is a big public backlash or a player revolt beyond that they are gonna try to power through to the 16 team playoff.
Considering I'm only aware of that one opt out and one opt in since the season started I don't see a player revolt until, unfortunately someone gets pretty sick.

The EPL did a bubble? They were playing in their home stadiums though.

Considering I'm only aware of that one opt out and one opt in since the season started I don't see a player revolt until, unfortunately someone gets pretty sick.

The EPL did a bubble? They were playing in their home stadiums though.
America is too damn big I am not sure what the EPL did but it think it would be feasible to keep players all at a centralized location in London when they aren’t on the pitch and then just have the teams charter in and out of their local venues Come game day. In America you could do something similar for football but you would have to have multiple bubble locations which kinda defeats the point.

The EPL wasn't a bubble in the sense of one place where every team went. It was a bubble in the sense that teams were sequestered in ways that kept contact with others to a minimum, especially on match days. Travel to the venues on that day, no overnight hotel stays, bi-weekly tests. I know Liverpool were all in a local hotel when they were all together watching Chelsea help win them the EPL title. One huge difference is that soccer players are used to sequestering through their years coming up in academies where they're around other players all day. England in general had much better rules on whether people had to stay at home. Our problem is more the way we've chosen to not do certain things the right way during all this. Then you couple that with MLB doing a half-assed job in this.

ugh. I don't really know why they bothered trying to have a season.

Curious to know which 2 Cardinals have it, but both declined to make it public.

Back